: another dead battery

sharky1
05-19-06, 04:36 PM
fifth time...this time car only sat 4 days...dealer says they have to start all their cars every week, or they go dead....dealer says it sometimes takes a month to fix....if it does, they'll open themselves up to the lemon law here in Oregon...and i'll be shopping for something else...has anyone here had this problem and gotten it fixed?i

nikon
05-19-06, 05:00 PM
My car is on it's 3rd battery...since I've owned it only 1 battery has gone through it, 2 from the previous owner.....my dead batt was caused by the dealer leaving the ignition on w/air on, radio on, and door open, so all lights on too...morons.....but damn #5? that sucks.

Robby2006
05-19-06, 06:20 PM
Sounds like the dealer is a real help for you. They havent done any testing and you are now going on #5??

Take to to some place else so they can find where the drain is coming from.

BadCad
05-19-06, 06:28 PM
when i first picked up my V, the battery would drain periodically. the dealer replaced it after the 3rd time but the tech told me there may be a bug in the dimmer switch (near rear view mirror.) he advised me it's best to keep the slider switch near the middle and not at either end (full bright or dim.) since then i've not had this problem of a dead battery. don't know if this is a gremlin with my car or affecting more then just mine.

nikon
05-19-06, 07:01 PM
when i first picked up my V, the battery would drain periodically. the dealer replaced it after the 3rd time but the tech told me there may be a bug in the dimmer switch (near rear view mirror.) he advised me it's best to keep the slider switch near the middle and not at either end (full bright or dim.) since then i've not had this problem of a dead battery. don't know if this is a gremlin with my car or affecting more then just mine.

theres a tsb on that...I thought they fixed that prob though.