: Updated iPod kit

Radiosandmore
05-19-06, 10:06 AM
We have an updated module that will be available in a few weeks, allowing you to browse by artist, album, genre and playlist, and work with video iPods. This was something that wasn't available when we launched this last fall. It will also address the issues with the presets and functions of the base CD system. XM can also be intergrated without the relay, and use an XM Direct box. I appologize for all of the problems that have surfaced with this kit, but we will make it right. We will offer replacement kits at no charge for the updated software. You will be able to send the white box back to us for a replacement, or we can send you an updated kit, then credit you when you return the old kit. If anyone has any concerns, please e-mail me at

We are also working on a Bluetooth kit, but please be patient. We want to make sure we don't rush the kit out and have problems like the the iPod kit.

Thanks for your understanding.

nikon
05-19-06, 10:19 AM
you guys really stepped up to the plate, thankyou...and by any chance will this also address the intermittent just cutting out xm band???...one more thing, can this update just replace the little white box? it was a pita turn run the red wire, or at least get the deck lid off.

Radiosandmore
05-19-06, 10:54 AM
The XM issue would probably go away if you hooked up an XM Direct box to our interface, and changed the subscription over. As far as the update, you only need to change the white box.

mostoyzwinz
05-19-06, 11:11 AM
Just in time as I recently won an iPod video. :thumbsup:

nikon
05-19-06, 11:12 AM
sorry, but whats an xm direct box??? is it a direct replacement?

Radiosandmore
05-19-06, 11:39 AM
The XM Direct box is a universal receiver box. It plugs right into the new kit, and there is no relay involved. You would switch between XM and iPod by going to AM/FM then back to the "band". It comes with a magnetic antenna, and the subscription can be changed to this box's ESN. You can see what it looks like on our website, or on XM's website at

http://www.xmradio.com/xm_direct/aftermarket.jsp

ChicagoCTS32
05-19-06, 11:59 AM
Mike, slightly off topic, but do you have a price point on the bluetooth kit? If not, I understand, no worries. I've been patiently waiting for months, and I'll wait more :D

Imperator
05-19-06, 12:00 PM
It would be really nice to see you guys work offer a universal Sirius receiver too. Directed has delayed the release of the SIR-GM1 three times now. GM's factory XM tuner is garbage and I miss my Sirius subscription.

thefly
05-19-06, 12:56 PM
this is great news. i have been on the fence for this and the main thing holding me back is i want a video ipod. anyway to get on a list for notification when this unit is available.

dqw1
05-19-06, 01:45 PM
I'd like to trade mine also. It started acting up again during lunch. I don't think it likes me anymore.

nikon
05-19-06, 04:42 PM
oh another thing, is this new module still going to be running through the XM band? since you said you dont need the relay anymore?? or will it have it's own "ipod" band now?? because I dont see how you could scroll artists and stuff....I'm just trying to imagine it. Thanks for the support...oh and I cant wait for the BT kit to come out....any way a nextel walkie talkie button could be retrofited into it? or are you not that far yet?

nikon
05-20-06, 06:34 PM
Ttt.

cjones
05-24-06, 03:37 PM
You know what would be cool? If Radios and More would return my emails. I placed an order for the ipod kit a month ago and have been emailing them for 2 weeks now with no response.

mostoyzwinz
05-24-06, 03:49 PM
...any way a nextel walkie talkie button could be retrofited into it? or are you not that far yet?

Now that's INTERESTING:stirpot:

lasstss
05-24-06, 03:55 PM
You know what would be cool? If Radios and More would return my emails. I placed an order for the ipod kit a month ago and have been emailing them for 2 weeks now with no response.

Call them.... ask for ED. forget e mail

They will be sending the new units out. Its supposed to be ready in a few weeks.

Black Ops
05-24-06, 03:59 PM
We have an updated module that will be available in a few weeks, allowing you to browse by artist, album, genre and playlist, and work with video iPods. This was something that wasn't available when we launched this last fall. It will also address the issues with the presets and functions of the base CD system. XM can also be intergrated without the relay, and use an XM Direct box. I appologize for all of the problems that have surfaced with this kit, but we will make it right. We will offer replacement kits at no charge for the updated software. You will be able to send the white box back to us for a replacement, or we can send you an updated kit, then credit you when you return the old kit. If anyone has any concerns, please e-mail me at

We are also working on a Bluetooth kit, but please be patient. We want to make sure we don't rush the kit out and have problems like the the iPod kit.

Thanks for your understanding.

I have a question, I placed an order for this kit and i received an e-mail stating it was backordered. Will the updated version that one you'll be sending?

Thanks

Radiosandmore
05-24-06, 05:43 PM
Everyone who has been on backorder for this kit will receive the updated one. We appologize for the delay, but we want to make sure we get everything corrected. All of our e-mails responses are returned the same day, so we appologize for anyone who did not get a response. Any questions, please call us if you don't get a response within 24 hours.

Thanks

nikon
05-24-06, 07:32 PM
just real quick, will you be e-mailing/calling/posting on the board when the kits are done? or do we have to keep bothering you guys :lildevil:

lawfive
05-24-06, 08:02 PM
I also ordered, was sent a backorder email, responded, and heard nothing back. I'll call.

dqw1
05-24-06, 09:36 PM
mine quit again today. I'm ready to snatch it out and throw it against the wall. That or the XM module.

Radiosandmore
05-25-06, 05:21 PM
We will let everyone know when the new kits are available on the forum.

nxlr8
06-07-06, 08:46 PM
any update on availability?

BadCad
06-07-06, 09:00 PM
radios&more - PM sent...

atdeneve
06-09-06, 06:09 AM
Would it be at all possible to configure a way for us to scroll through a song, similar to that of the click wheel on an iPod? The right knob, which is currently used to skip over songs, suits itself rather nicely to such a function.

We could press it once and then use the knob to scroll through/within a song. Pressing it again or leaving it alone for a given amount of time - say 5-10 seconds - would return it to its orginal function of skipping songs.

I think the ability to skip songs with the knob should still be retained, as it allows you to skip several songs with ease in comparison to the seek button below it.

I think the knob can also be replaced independently of the NAV if it flakes. Though, when I asked my local dealer to replace my volume knob, my service advisor said that the whole NAV had to be replaced and that I had gotten a whole new unit. I said that that was rather surprising as I was almost certain that it could simply be replaced without concomitant replacement of the NAV.

Lo and behold, when I took out the NAV to install the iPod kit, what do I see but a sticker dated on the back of my NAV with some month in 2004. Now, I highly doubt that GM still has these NAVs in stock laying around from way back in 2004, unless they somehow felt the need to invest the money, which should have gone into our diffs, into stockpiling up on NAVs. So, guess who has a new NAV? Not me. Some of these dealers must really take customers to be complete and utter idiots. Oh shmell, oh well.

In any case, I digress. Back to the issue at hand. So while you guys are in the process of updating the software, can we get the ability to scroll through songs added to the kit. That would be awesome and very much worth the wait. Thanks.

dqw1
06-09-06, 09:13 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/76352-yay-my-caddipod-install-done.html

Little B may have the updated kit I think. She talks about the controls in the above thread so you may want to contact her. From what I gather, her kit may be the one we get once they ship.

atdeneve
06-09-06, 12:25 PM
I read through each page of that thread and I don't think she made any mention of being able to scroll through a song (as in fast forwarding to any point within a song; not skipping).

You know how, on the iPod, when you press the center button and circle around the touch pad, you can scroll to any point in a song. Well, it would be very convenient and seemingly attainable, to scroll through a song using the right hand knob on our NAV unit. Press it and scroll. Mmmm, yummy. Tastes good.

Thanks for pointing that thread out though. Interestingly enough, she does seem to have the ability to search through her songs by way of artists, genres, playlists, etc. I thought that that was exactly what was being worked on for the update. However, the update supposedly is not out yet, right? What? Does that make any sense, whatsoever? They are working on an update to include some functionality that seems to already be out on one of their own kits.

Also, she makes references to buttons labeled F1-F4 (which I assume are in reference to the soft buttons - the soft buttons are simply the column of buttons on the right hand side that are programmable). However, I don't have those buttons labelled as such in the V (they're labelled T0-01 or D0-01 or something to that effect; basically our way of choosing 1 of the 12 accessible playlists). I also don't have my NAV banner change from "XM 1" or "XM 2" to "iPod in".

She also doesn't seem to have the artist, album, and track title come up on the NAV, which would be a step in the wrong direction for an update, as I (we) do have those available on the kit for the V (I assume she had all of that information encoded/tagged on at least some of her mp3s).

It would be nice if they could make the artist, album, and track title scroll across the display as well, so that we can see all the information in instances where it does not fit within the allotted space.

So with all of these differences, this leads me to believe that perhaps the CTS and the V aren't getting the same kits, which really doesn't make any sense to me since, if the CTS is equipped with the NAV, which she seems to have, what's the difference as far as the iPod kit is concerned? What the hell is going on here?

The one thing she does have, which would be nice to have, and I don't, is the ability to search through by artists, albums, etc. Then she has these buttons and banner displays, but she can't see the track title, artist, and album. I am just gonna hope that perhaps these are functions that differ due to implementation in a base stereo (no NAV), even though I thought she had one.

So Radiosandmore, please do include the search functionality, but don't disable the track title, artist, and album display. Furthermore, it would be uber superb if you could allow us to scroll within a song (i.e.; fast forward, not skip), using the right hand knob, while still retaining it's skip function (i.e.; press the knob to switch functionality). Also, a scrolling track title, artist, and album display would be very nice and functional, especially for tracks that have all that information tagged into one category. Tunkya.

dqw1
06-09-06, 12:33 PM
Yeah, you read what I did and that made me think she had an updated kit. I can't do half the things she can. There must be a slight difference in hers vs. mine at least. Seems like she do more with the F1 buttons then we can on the Nav. So we'll wait for the update.

LittleB
06-09-06, 12:58 PM
I do have the updated kit, and I don't have a Nav unit. Just a base radio. I think they are still working on improving things, but with the new box that I have I can now search through playslists, genres, artists etc., which I guess the last box didn't offer. You are correct, when I was talking about the F1-F4 keys I was referring to the soft keys. I would asume that all of the kits are the same since they don't ask you if you have a Nav unit or not. When I search through playlists etc., I can see the titles scroll across but once I select it and it's starts playing there is no further info other than a track number. Also, I do not believe I can fastforward but I am not positive on that...I can only skip tracks.

cjones
06-09-06, 01:12 PM
I ordered mine over a month ago. I'd be happy with any kit.

LittleB
06-09-06, 01:18 PM
You still don't have one?!?! Have you called them because that doesn't sound right!

atdeneve
06-09-06, 02:31 PM
Ah uhkay, that splains it. And it's something of an update in progress, which means they're still working on it. Das gud.

Hopefully, they haven't done away with the song, artist, album display and its just a function of whether or not a NAV is present.

So, we just need the display to be scrolling (which it seems like they may have already done, given the scrolling that occurs while searching) and the oh so lovely fast forward capability. Yah, that's the ticket.

LittleB
06-09-06, 02:35 PM
Ah uhkay, that splains it. And it's something of an update in progress, which means they're still working on it. Das gud.

Hopefully, they haven't done away with the song, artist, album display and its just a function of whether or not a NAV is present.

So, we just need the display to be scrolling (which it seems like they may have already done, given the scrolling that occurs while searching) and the oh so lovely fast forward capability. Yah, that's the ticket.

Yeah it would be great if they can do that, but I am happy either way. I don't mind not being able to fastforward because I never use that function...I skip tracks but I don't fastforward or rewind in a song. It would be great to see the songs displayed but I am not missing anything since I used to burn CD's all of the time and all I'd get on those were track numbers. So it's all the same to me :D

atdeneve
06-09-06, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm just a bastage that wants too much. They give, give, and give and I just take, take, take. Will I ever learn to settle for being content. Ehhh, probably not.

LittleB
06-09-06, 02:49 PM
HAHA well hey there is nothing wrong with wanting a product that does everything. They want that for us too but since our cars have to be so difficult, it's not easy. As long as we appreciate there efforts, it's all good! :)

cjones
06-10-06, 11:35 AM
Only after I complained on the forum about them not responding to emails did they call me. They don't have a date. They should put that up on their website when you place the order that they don't know when it will ship. I know it is because they are making changes, but still. I ordered it the day I bought my car and I already have 2200 miles! So I guess it's been more like 6 weeks.

You still don't have one?!?! Have you called them because that doesn't sound right!

LittleB
06-10-06, 11:39 AM
Only after I complained on the forum about them not responding to emails did they call me. They don't have a date. They should put that up on their website when you place the order that they don't know when it will ship. I know it is because they are making changes, but still. I ordered it the day I bought my car and I already have 2200 miles! So I guess it's been more like 6 weeks.

Awww that's horrible! Yeah I agree that they should say that on their website. I don't know why they haven't sent you the one I have. Call them and tell them you will take the last version of the kit, and then when they finally perfect it they'll send you that one (since they said they'd replace all the old ones).

ctsvett
06-13-06, 01:57 AM
Guys,
I just talked to radios and more and they told me they are desperately trying to get the new iPod modules in stock. Their supplier is short right now which is leading to their being short.
They are confident now that the firmware issues have been resolved. This was verified when littleb tested it (hence she got the only one they had left)...
Radios and more will stand by there products. Also, they are spending the time to develop more stuff for our car. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. If you have any questions, call them. They will stand by their products!

Personally, I cant live without my ipod interface and I cant wait for a Bluetooth phone interface!

Reed

nikon
06-13-06, 10:15 AM
Guys,
I just talked to radios and more and they told me they are desperately trying to get the new iPod modules in stock. Their supplier is short right now which is leading to their being short.
They are confident now that the firmware issues have been resolved. This was verified when littleb tested it (hence she got the only one they had left)...
Radios and more will stand by there products. Also, they are spending the time to develop more stuff for our car. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. If you have any questions, call them. They will stand by their products!

Personally, I cant live without my ipod interface and I cant wait for a Bluetooth phone interface!

Reed

I agree, but I really hope this new unit doesnt randomly cut-out like the old one is doing, happens at least a couple times a week, and I've verified it's not the XM....but hopefully this updated one will be much better, Ill have to wait and see....I just hope it's not like littleb's car where it doesnt show the song playing, I really like that.

LV_V
06-16-06, 09:36 PM
Any updates? Just itching to get my new nano in the V...

cjones
07-03-06, 12:27 PM
Just called them. Looks like they've shipped from the supplier to Radios and More. Assuming they come in next week that'll be, oh about 9-10 weeks from when I ordered mine. :rolleyes:

LittleB
07-03-06, 12:48 PM
I agree, but I really hope this new unit doesnt randomly cut-out like the old one is doing, happens at least a couple times a week, and I've verified it's not the XM....but hopefully this updated one will be much better, Ill have to wait and see....I just hope it's not like littleb's car where it doesnt show the song playing, I really like that.

Wow I can't believe I got the only updated kit they had left! Well I can assure you that it does not cut out, never has.

onebadcad
07-03-06, 12:54 PM
Can anyone confirm if the "radios and more" adaptor only works with the IPOD nanos, as I have a 60GB and it looks like I am s.o.l. Looks like one of my daughters' nanos may have to suddenly disappear...:thumbsup:

LV_V
07-03-06, 01:34 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it works with any of the iPods with the "standard" iPod connector. Call them to make sure, easiest way.

LittleB
07-03-06, 01:58 PM
Yeah it works with the video one...mine is the 30GB Video one....you are good to go! :D

nikon
07-03-06, 03:24 PM
so is there anything new?? when the hell is this thing shipping??

LV_V
07-03-06, 03:33 PM
I placed my order over a month ago and still haven't heard anything about it shipping or an ETA. When I call them they simply say "in the next week or two". Blah...

nikon
07-03-06, 04:53 PM
I placed my order over a month ago and still haven't heard anything about it shipping or an ETA. When I call them they simply say "in the next week or two". Blah...

well, I have one already, but the first one, that keeps on cutting out while driving....

atdeneve
07-04-06, 06:42 AM
Yeah, mine seems like it's now consistently cuttin out, at least once a day. Is it the iPod kit or the XM (class II bus communication loss or something like that) that's responsible? Thought it was the latter, but if the new update remedies this, that's definitely nice. So which is the culprit?

LV_V
07-18-06, 01:58 AM
Dude seriously, where the F%@K is my iPod kit!?!?!?

thebigjimsho
07-18-06, 09:32 AM
LittleB, nice avatar. What are your hands doing?

nikon
07-18-06, 10:22 AM
Yeah, mine seems like it's now consistently cuttin out, at least once a day. Is it the iPod kit or the XM (class II bus communication loss or something like that) that's responsible? Thought it was the latter, but if the new update remedies this, that's definitely nice. So which is the culprit?

I too thought it was my XM...then I did'nt use my ipod kit for a month, only XM and it did'nt cut out once....the day I switched back to the ipod it cut out an hour or so later...and had to turn the car on/off to get it to come back...I hope the new kit fixes this.

Holmes815
07-18-06, 03:01 PM
So what I've gathered from this thread is the new kit has yet to ship and there is no confirmed shipping date; is this correct??

nikon
07-18-06, 03:04 PM
So what I've gathered from this thread is the new kit has yet to ship and there is no confirmed shipping date; is this correct??

yes...

nxlr8
07-18-06, 05:15 PM
Man, and to think that I ran out and bought an Ipod a month ago hoping to have this all hooked up and ready to rock....

But... I would rather WAIT and have it be done RIGHT... Beta test the hell outta it, get the bugs worked out... then, I will be in line to buy one!!!!

cjones
07-20-06, 11:39 AM
Just left them a message. I ordered mine almost 3 months ago. Would it kill them to send out status emails of what's going on? I'm scared to buy anything else from them at this point, like the bluetooth kit. Very disappointing transaction.

SoCadillac
07-20-06, 11:54 AM
Just left them a message. I ordered mine almost 3 months ago. Would it kill them to send out status emails of what's going on? I'm scared to buy anything else from them at this point, like the bluetooth kit. Very disappointing transaction.
Follow-up is important, but most companies today have not gotten a handle on how to effectively do it. With the internet, they get bombarded with emails that simply take too much time to be answered. Yes, a tickler to tell customers their status would help. Hell, I've called and emailed Borla to no avail until I got crafty with my messages upon which I promptly received a telephone call.

cjones
07-20-06, 03:00 PM
Just got off the phone, they got a bunch in today. Going to ship mine out today or tomorrow.

ahahnu
07-20-06, 04:10 PM
I bought a new I pod, my old one was shot, and now I've been waiting for this! I'm sure you all will, but please post if and when it arrives so I can order. Thanks.

Holmes815
07-20-06, 05:18 PM
Not to be redundant but the part number for the new correct module is CADDIPOD-01,right ???

cjones
07-22-06, 04:48 PM
Got mine in yesterday. Installed it today. I'm having trouble with mine. I described it here.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/80377-got-my-ipod-adapter-problems-problems.html