: Anyones Ipod Kit acting up?

dqw1
05-18-06, 06:01 PM
Mine is. Radios and More kit. Today mine went off the deep end. I heard a strange noise and all of Ipod displays went away but I could still switch to different playlist by memory. Twice the XM station names replaced the IPOD song/artist names while in the IPOD mode. I switched to XM and back to IPOD which fixed it for a few minutes before acting up again. Anyone else seeing this? I like the Ipod quality but this is getting to be a pain.

LV_V
05-18-06, 07:21 PM
I'm thinking about ordering the kit this week. Would you recommend it??

JRoller
05-18-06, 08:33 PM
Mine is. Radios and More kit. Today mine went off the deep end. I heard a strange noise and all of Ipod displays went away but I could still switch to different playlist by memory. Twice the XM station names replaced the IPOD song/artist names while in the IPOD mode. I switched to XM and back to IPOD which fixed it for a few minutes before acting up again. Anyone else seeing this? I like the Ipod quality but this is getting to be a pain.

I'd like an answer too. Mine is doing the exact same thing.

cjones
05-18-06, 09:00 PM
Ordered mine over 2 weeks ago, still hasn't shipped.

ctsvett
05-18-06, 09:04 PM
I have had no problems with mine... I did actually have one issue where the XM disappeared while it was playing, but it is a GM issue (see the TSB section on the FAQ)..

You may want to try rebooting your ipod too... Could possibly be a communication issue as well (which is explained by the above comment about the TSB)

Bottom line, there is no other kit I know of that allows this factory integration (on the NAV, not a separate unit). I love it and would not trade it.

Reed

wildwhl
05-18-06, 10:29 PM
I've had a similar issue as of late, as well as a class II communication lost issue with XM altogether. I think I'm going to pull the kit out prior to taking it to the dealer and tell them the XM is getting lost.

I can find many class II comm errors in my EFILive logs, but not sure if they're related.

Reed has it right, though. If you want an iPod in your V this is the only way to go. It works well and is a good buy in my book. Despite a glitch or two here and there, I love it. Heck, with that in mind, the personality of this kit perfectly matches that of the V.

:D

WW

end9472
05-18-06, 10:57 PM
I have also experienced the problems listed by others. The 2 biggest problems: (1) the Xm cuts out and I lose both the i-pod and xm playability and, (2) the kit has drained my battery on several occasions. It takes awhile, but eventually the battery will go dead. I have hooked up the unit per R & M instructions. I had the car back to the dealer and the stereo shop a number of times with each blaming the other for the problems. Finally called R & M last week and to my surprise they acknowleged the issues with the kit. They told me a new kit was out with updated software that would eliminate the problems many of us are having. They are shipping one to me as soon as they come off of back order (hopefully soon as I am with out i-pod or xm since I had to disconnect the xm to avoid battery drain)

I am disappointed (make that irritated) that R & M had not contacted us to let us know about this updated version given the fact that they knew of all the problems folks were having). I also remain skeptical about this "fix" I too love the ability to play the i-pod using the factory radio controls and have better sound quality, but IMO the only true fix will be when GM puts in a factory interface like many vehicles currently out ther have that cost far less than a V.

dqw1
05-19-06, 08:18 AM
The sound quality beats any FM transmitter or gadget hands down. Would I reccomend it? Maybe the updated kit. The first version works well with the exception of the issues noted but I don't it's happening to everones kit across the board. Do I feel like yanking mine? Hell yeah but then I would lose my Ipod. I emailed R&M and never got a response so I don't want the new kit until someone test it first. I know they did us a gigantic favor by getting us a kit dammit answer your mail.
Guess I'll reboot the Ipod itself next time.

ajedwardsjr
05-19-06, 09:06 AM
I'm just going to put a pair of B&W 802's in my V. I won't be able to drive it much, because I will be limited to the length of the cables (I am thinking maybe 20' or so). But, it will be a really nice sound system while it's parked. Much better, I think, than an i-pod.