: She’s still a little bruised but back in my stay

V-SATX
05-18-06, 06:59 PM
Well my long drawn out nightmare is over with the body shop. I picked up my V today contingent on leaving it for the day on Monday to fix some fish eye marks in the clear coat. I will have the weekend to wash her by hand and whisper sweat nothings to her about how sorry I am for leaving her with a bunch of idiots. On my drive back to my office I realized how much I missed my car, its power, handling and the attention from other drivers. I dropped it off on April 14 with minor damage and what a whirlwind fiasco. 4 weeks and 4 days she was away.

Those of you who saw the pictures of this nightmare I will post her restored look in the next week or so with my new Asanti’s mounted on Mich PS2’s.

Thanks for all the advice I received from all the forum members.

urbanski
05-18-06, 07:12 PM
:cool:
glad to hear
minor paint imperfections take seconds to fix...unless they crash her again ;) :p

VELOSE
05-18-06, 08:00 PM
Oh Snap! Did you just say Asanti's?:eek: Can't wait for pics. I wonder which model did you get?

moldowan
05-18-06, 11:09 PM
my V gets little attention here in SA basil.
Today I was driving calmly (rare) and i see behind me a caddy emblem and a wire mesh grill! I thought Hmmmm a cts-v following me. so I exit shertz parkway into the frontage rd. and let him get beside me and i realize its a sts-V!!!!!!!
I gave him a thumbs up and he waved back then he took the turnaround back south on I35. He punched it around the corner and the body lean was very noticable, In fact he kinda fish tailed a bit too. Nice looking car on the street but from in front of it and looking out the rear window I could barely tell it was A sts-v over the cts-V.
_moldy

V-SATX
05-18-06, 11:20 PM
Moldy & Urb,

Do you guys want to give the XLR V a spin. I got a connection that can make this happen.
It was nice hitting 70 and a few seconds vs 25 secs in the Jeep rental.

urbanski
05-19-06, 08:30 AM
lol why not :D

rand49er
05-19-06, 10:22 AM
Hey, glad she's back. And when you wash her, be gentle. Can't wait for pics, too. :thumbsup:

moldowan
05-19-06, 11:09 AM
let us know when and where basil. i'm there! :)
-moldy

heavymetals
05-19-06, 03:01 PM
Compared to what you went through, I think I will start calling it "Mod Heaven".

I really try to keep a tight rein on my temper, but that one probably would have put me in jail.:eek:

Glad you got your ride back and your happy.

That is the bottom line. :highfive:

Now start modding it to death.....

V-SATX
05-20-06, 01:13 AM
Compared to what you went through, I think I will start calling it "Mod Heaven".

I really try to keep a tight rein on my temper, but that one probably would have put me in jail.:eek:

Glad you got your ride back and your happy.

That is the bottom line. :highfive:

Now start modding it to death.....

Heavy,

I got what I wanted and they offered and I accepted a factory restore full paint job, including engine bay and inner body panels. I can have this done anytime in the next 3 years. I know with the Redline this is not cheap. However, I can't see myself trusting them with my V ever again. I should have my wheels and tires on by next week. I am impressed with the way my car is running currently. Legally, I could have had a new 06. I just did not want to let go of her so quickly at a virgin 4k on the mileage clock. There are several imperfections in the work they did but I will bring it back daily (no overnight stays) until it is perfect. I hope to have the clear bra on by Wednesday.

One comment I do have is after not driving her for 5 weeks, I can say
unequivocally the CTS-V is for me all I want in a performance ride.

Now what should I do for my next mod Maggied or a Stoker!!!

moldowan
05-20-06, 01:59 AM
maggie without a doubt!

heavymetals
05-20-06, 04:09 AM
From the info that I can gather, they don't recomend you stroke the LS6.:thehand:

MAGGIE!

urbanski
05-20-06, 08:26 AM
yeah go maggie
so i can drive one (finally)
and see where my next 5K is going :p

no XLR-V for me this weekend :( I caught the bird flu or something man
I haven't felt this bad in years, and you dont want to be anywhere around me! Memorial Day i should be back at 100% lol

V-SATX
05-20-06, 10:08 AM
yeah go maggie
so i can drive one (finally)
and see where my next 5K is going :p

no XLR-V for me this weekend :( I caught the bird flu or something man
I haven't felt this bad in years, and you dont want to be anywhere around me! Memorial Day i should be back at 100% lol

Urb,

I hope you feel better. Drink the old gallon and 1/2 of water each day (works) you'll piss every 10 minutes.

On the XLR the guy that bought it could not close the financing and it has roughly 800 miles on the clock. Maybe I can schedule a quick run memorial weekend for Modly you and I. It is at Batchelor Moldy if you want to look at it earlier...just don't buy it before I do.:eek:

Urb are you serious. Do you think we could do the install???

urbanski
05-20-06, 10:36 AM
Urb are you serious. Do you think we could do the install???
no way, wouldnt touch that at all.
i just want to drive one :D