: Tire Pressure monitor valves and chrome wheels

ssrodder
05-17-06, 09:38 PM
Anyone know of where I can get a fair price on a set of tire pressure valves for my o6 sts4. I picked up an extra set of wheels and would like to mount some winter tires in the near future. How about just the correct part number for these valves? Also interested in getting one set of wheels chrome plated. Any suggestions on a company that does great chrome work.

RedGalant2k1
05-18-06, 12:03 AM
All new Cadillacs use one style of TPMS. Just let them know its a 2006 Cadillac STS. Its an RF transmitter style TPMS, the body of the transmitter should be grey in color. But I don't suspect the dealer could get it wrong as long as they know its a 2006+.

There are plenty of places to get wheels chromed, but honestly it probably costs more to chrome your wheels than to find a set thats already been chromed. Are they factory style wheels?

bobbybruin
05-19-06, 12:21 AM
Check out Ebay they have them for $45.00 each, look under Cadillac STS.

ssrodder
05-19-06, 07:49 AM
Check out Ebay they have them for $45.00 each, look under Cadillac STS.

The seller states they will work, but I checked with the local Cadillac parts dept and the ones on ebay are not the same part number as Cadillac lists.
Cadillac lists two part numbers. The sts4 seems to be the more expense one.
Does anyone knows what will happen if I run a set of winter tires without any pressure monitor valves? I would hate to have some red light flashing in my face for four months.

corvette00
05-20-06, 07:36 PM
Schram auto parts in Waterford Michigan sells used ones. I think they are $25 a sensor

RedGalant2k1
05-21-06, 01:19 AM
The seller states they will work, but I checked with the local Cadillac parts dept and the ones on ebay are not the same part number as Cadillac lists.
Cadillac lists two part numbers. The sts4 seems to be the more expense one.
Does anyone knows what will happen if I run a set of winter tires without any pressure monitor valves? I would hate to have some red light flashing in my face for four months.

The "Check Tire Pressure" indicator would stay on as long as it can't read the sensors.