: Component Coverage on Rear End and RADIO

jspridge
05-17-06, 08:02 PM
Good evening forum members.

I thought that many of you would be interested in knowing that GM will extend component coverage to 100K miles not only for your differential but for your factory radio/cd/nav head unit as well. I just had my car in service for my third diff and third radio (peeling buttons again) at 42K miles. I called Cadillac Customer Service and they sent me a component coverage letter extending the warranty for both until 100K miles.

I still loathe the fact that this coverage is needed, however I am pleased that it is available.

Jschmank
05-17-06, 10:23 PM
That is excellent. If Cadillac rises to its reputation, it would offer that warranty to all, especially on the differentials which seem to be particularily troublesome. Thanks for sharing

wildwhl
05-18-06, 12:24 AM
A phone number could be helpful here :D

WW

urbanski
05-18-06, 07:33 AM
yeah....which person you talked to that was so helpful would be great.
we can all call them

jspridge
05-18-06, 07:58 AM

WW

No problem. I'll post the rest of the info around lunch time EST.

jspridge
05-18-06, 09:57 AM
OK - here is the information...

The only number that I have is 1-800-458-8006, which, I believe, is Cadillac's main customer service number. The CRM I worked with was Cynthia Wallace. I told her that my intent was to keep the car well beyond the expiration of the factory warranty, but only if I had coverage for the parts of the car that have failed multiple times in the course of normal operation, which for me was the diff and radio. All other problems (I've had around 20 total warranty repairs) did not have subsequent failures after the warranty service was performed.

Interestingly, she gave me an option of either a "customer loyalty certificate" for $1,000 off any new GM product, or component coverage on this car. I chose the latter, because outside of these two problems and the wheel hop annoyance, and the clunky drive train, I love this vehicle. Yesterday two people stopped to talk to me about the V, one in the morning at the gas station, the other in a restaurant parking lot. By stopped I mean they were moving in their own car, looked over and spotted the V, slammed on their brakes and got out to take a walk around it. Something like this has happened nearly every day since I bought the car in August of 2004. My two previous cars were BMW's, and while other people may have admired them (both were somewhat unique and cool looking) no one ever stopped their car to tell me so. For some reason, this car brings out emotion in people, which surprises me every time someone stops to take a look. Owning such a car is a real pleasure, and in spite of a few annoying problems, Iíll probably stick with it for a few more years at least.

wildwhl
05-18-06, 11:03 PM
Thanks, jspridge.

We ALL need to make this call.

WW

ctsvett
05-19-06, 12:01 PM
I made the call, but they are not handing them out so readily...

Reed

jspridge
05-19-06, 01:30 PM
I made the call, but they are not handing them out so readily...

Reed

How many times have you had your radio replaced?

byucelt
05-19-06, 02:42 PM
So I called the number to discuss an extended warranty on my diff and the rep told me my V was a luxury pre-owned certified vehicle. That was a shocker that was totally unexpected. I bought my V with 2K miles on the odometer from a caddy dealer here in San Diego. The story behind my car was that the original owner was David Justice, yes, the baseball player. He must have purchased the extended warranty. The caddy dealer never mentioned to let me know. So, I called today to rant & rave about my diff and the rep let me know the good news. Sweet way to start a Friday. Hope that some of guys have the same luck!!

Joey'sVee
05-19-06, 07:16 PM
I can tell you GM wont hand anything out easy. They will lie and bully you if you let them.

Closer_2001
05-20-06, 09:30 AM

WW

Push the ON Star button

wildwhl
05-20-06, 10:22 AM
Closer-2001

Only works if you've left the onstar nanny intact in your vehicle. I didn't.

WW