: broken pressure plate at 22k????

sdsmithtx
05-17-06, 06:53 PM
Any one have a pressure plate break at 20K??? Clutch went out and the dealer ship is adament the the pressure plate is a wearable item and will not be covered under warrenty.... hmmmm. Shouldn't a "wearable" item be able to wear out before it actually breaks??? Let me know if anyone has and experience with this problem....

Thanks. i'm probabaly just venting.

slow35th
05-17-06, 07:12 PM
Any one have a pressure plate break at 20K??? Clutch went out and the dealer ship is adament the the pressure plate is a wearable item and will not be covered under warrenty.... hmmmm. Shouldn't a "wearable" item be able to wear out before it actually breaks??? Let me know if anyone has and experience with this problem....

Thanks. i'm probabaly just venting.

What Dealership? You might tell them that if it wore out that would be fine but this one failed.

urbanski
05-17-06, 07:43 PM
TX eh?
where?
what dealer?

sdsmithtx
05-17-06, 08:14 PM
Batchelor....San Antonio.

urbanski
05-17-06, 08:18 PM
well i cant guarantee anything
but call Cavender, ask for Ray, tell him Derek Urban sent you.
Ray is the adviser a couple of us SA guys use.....they're pretty good about stuff....
If he does the same ol party line, walk over to Floyd's office, he's the assistant service manager. He's usually really understanding.

I'm having a few of my SA V buddies over Memorial day, interested?

urb

sdsmithtx
05-17-06, 08:29 PM
sure....if i dont just leave my V at the dealership. i just got back and they went ahead and did the work. GRRRRRRRR. No authorization.

CVP33
05-17-06, 08:31 PM
Yup, been there. Pressure plate, slave cylinder, clutch, etc. Fully warrantied. Don't let 'em hose ya' on this one.

urbanski
05-17-06, 08:53 PM
batchelor found a way to hose 10 of my lug nuts swapping tires....any service shop that does that isnt worthy to work on a kia.

sucks they have your car hostage now...time to speak with randy baker. he sucks though...everyone there does.

V-SATX
05-17-06, 11:52 PM
sure....if i dont just leave my V at the dealership. i just got back and they went ahead and did the work. GRRRRRRRR. No authorization.
What a small world. I was at Batchelor today for my body shop fiasco independent inspection (with may attorney in tow) Urb, thanks again for Michael. They were the agreed upon dealer that was to look at my engine, front end and verify no frame damage. The lead mechanic let me take a look at your Silver V. Your clutch was blown apart. I have never seen a clutch in that bad of shape. Did you buy the car new? Anyway, I did notice burn marks and damage to your flywheel as well. :eek:

sdsmithtx
05-18-06, 04:52 AM
yeah...tell me about it. did u notice the snap on the pressure plate?? kinda makes me wonder what will happen with another 100 hp on the '07

urbanski
05-18-06, 08:27 AM
What a small world. I was at Batchelor today for my body shop fiasco independent inspection (with may attorney in tow) Urb, thanks again for Michael. They were the agreed upon dealer that was to look at my engine, front end and verify no frame damage. The lead mechanic let me take a look at your Silver V. Your clutch was blown apart. I have never seen a clutch in that bad of shape. Did you buy the car new? Anyway, I did notice burn marks and damage to your flywheel as well. :eek:
get Mike some Crown :)

V-SATX
05-18-06, 01:10 PM
get Mike some Crown :)

I bring a bottle for Mike memorial weekend.