: Loud Brakes

FLnick06
05-17-06, 02:34 PM
They are screaching like hell. IS this a normal problem? I just bought the car, it has 25k miles, how long do the pads normally last? Are the factory brakes the way to go, or are they lower dust, similar quality, similar priced pads elsewhere? Im brand new obviously...........An idea of cost would be cool too, thanks.

joshdctsv
05-17-06, 02:50 PM
They are screaching like hell. IS this a normal problem? I just bought the car, it has 25k miles, how long do the pads normally last? Are the factory brakes the way to go, or are they lower dust, similar quality, similar priced pads elsewhere? Im brand new obviously...........An idea of cost would be cool too, thanks.

Mine started singing at about 29k. I just changed them out last week at 31k. I'm not an aggressive driver, so I would assume this is close to "norm".

Best bet is to buy the pads online at tirerack (Hawk HB194F.570 and HB453F.585 are a good choice) and find someone local to install or do yourself. I paid ~$220 for the pads and $75 for install at a local shop. Brake/Tire store tried to sell me the OEMs installed for $460.

joshdctsv
05-17-06, 02:51 PM
Oh, and familiarize yourself with cadillacfaq.com for other great tips. Welcome aboard

FLnick06
05-17-06, 02:59 PM
Oh, and familiarize yourself with cadillacfaq.com for other great tips. Welcome aboard

Already on my favorites. I hope I don't sound like a cheapass , but what about other good pads from companies like NAPA or Discount. How good are the pads they sell? There is nothing worse than driving such a nice car and that HORRIBLE sound!

Florian
05-17-06, 03:25 PM
My orig brake pads lasted 50K miles and they said there was another 25K in em...but I hated the dust, so I went with the Hawks....what a difference.

F

Lindsay Cadillac
05-17-06, 04:18 PM
Best place to buy the Hawk pads is from us... :D

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/lindsay-cadillac/63209-hawk-hps-pads.html see post #12 for pricing and we have them in stock...

These are great pads... Almost no dust and no noise issues...

ronr
05-17-06, 04:20 PM
Just turned over 30k miles and mine are just starting to make noise. I'm not sure if they're shot yet but I have a set of Hawk pads from Lindsay sitting on the workbench for install this weekend :)

FLnick06
05-17-06, 04:41 PM
James, I don't have enough posts to send you a private message. Is this the price below: Front Pads - $107.40 (No Change)
Rear Pads - $95.86 (Small Increase)

I do want the pads and I would need to know how to send payment as well as if you have them in stock, and how soon I can have them. You can email me at nmcdevitt@tampabay.rr.com, thanks.