: Portland, Oregon?

cmgrafmc
05-16-06, 05:53 PM
Just testing the waters to see if anyone is out there.

gdwriter
05-17-06, 12:21 AM
I'm an hour south of Portland in Independence (across the Willamette and about 10 miles southwest of Salem). I get up to Portland fairly often and would certainly make the drive for a meet. I also have a '64 Chevy Impala and take it to a number of car shows in the Portland area during the spring and summer.

There is a group of forum members in Seattle (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-owners-meets/72998-seattle-area-meet-information.html) that had a meet scheduled for last Saturday, with another on May 27. I'm planning to attend that meet, so if any Oregonians want to caravan up I-5, send me a PM or e-mail to gary@gdwriter.com.

http://www.gdwriter.com/images/ethel.jpg

cmgrafmc
05-17-06, 06:52 PM
I'm an hour south of Portland in Independence (across the Willamette and about 10 miles southwest of Salem). I get up to Portland fairly often and would certainly make the drive for a meet. I also have a '64 Chevy Impala and take it to a number of car shows in the Portland area during the spring and summer.

I bet I've seen you around without knowing it. I go to the different car shows most every year. We had a gorgeous '61 Impala that my uncle built for us before he went into the Corvette business. We sold it a couple of years back, sadly. Let me know when you're planning to come up for another one, I'd love to see the Impala in person.

gdwriter
05-18-06, 11:47 AM
I bet I've seen you around without knowing it. I go to the different car shows most every year. We had a gorgeous '61 Impala that my uncle built for us before he went into the Corvette business. We sold it a couple of years back, sadly. Let me know when you're planning to come up for another one, I'd love to see the Impala in person.
I missed most of the car show season last year. The bolts that mount the pulleys to the harmonic balancer sheared off on Memorial Day, and I didn't get Betty back on the road until August (long, ugly story).

I'm taking Betty to a show at Western Oregon University (http://www.wou.edu/student/club/business/carshow.htm) in Monmouth (right next to Independence) this Saturday. The next show I'm attending in the Portland area is Cruisin' Sherwood (http://www.cruisinsherwood.com/) on June 10. Look for the green four-door hardtop Impala with the big yellow Lab.

XxCBONExX
05-24-06, 09:43 PM
Im in Portland. You uhh, wanna fix my 91 seville for me? (just got it)

gdwriter
05-25-06, 12:00 AM
Im in Portland. You uhh, wanna fix my 91 seville for me? (just got it)
Believe me, you don't want me fixing your car. You think it's broken now, just wait. I'm pretty much the opposite of Mr. Goodwrench. But there are lots of people on this forum with good information and advice. I've learned a lot.

DLE
07-07-06, 10:08 AM
Whats up guys. I'm in Vancouver, WA, but work in downtown PDX..

Lets have a meet somewhere in Vancouver or Portland. I'm down. :thumbsup:

Old Goldy
09-07-07, 12:12 AM
Hi,

I'm in Aloha, just got my first Caddy in May. I bought it for my daughters to drive, but I love it too. It's a gold 1986 DeVille Sedan -- hence the name, Old Goldy. It's in remarkable shape, just a few minor issues that I'm working on. Was searching the internet for a new passenger door mirror when I saw this site.

Anybody know how to put the roof lining back up? Goldy has bubbles in places and it's getting worse.

Thanks for any ideas

Dale

gdwriter
09-07-07, 12:27 AM
Hi,

I'm in Aloha, just got my first Caddy in May. I bought it for my daughters to drive, but I love it too. It's a gold 1986 DeVille Sedan -- hence the name, Old Goldy. It's in remarkable shape, just a few minor issues that I'm working on. Was searching the internet for a new passenger door mirror when I saw this site.

Anybody know how to put the roof lining back up? Goldy has bubbles in places and it's getting worse.

Thanks for any ideas

DaleI'm not sure, but I think the headliner can be re-glued or replaced. An automotive upholstery shop should be able to do it.

If that's too expensive, I know a lot of people just use thumbtacks or staples. Looks a little tacky, but better than having the headliner drooping onto your head.

Good luck with the car, and :welcome: . There's lots of helpful and fun people here.

djvirus
09-09-07, 04:04 PM
I am in Newport, OR, and just got my first Cadillac - an 04 SRX. I would be up for a Caddy event. I actually work at the Oregon Coast Aquarium, so if you guys want to put something together on the coast, we have a great even room I could donate the use of.

Let me know if there is any interest!

Harlyn

LS1Mike
09-11-07, 10:35 PM
I am a little further north, Bremerton (Seattle). I get down there from time to time though. I bought my RV in Eugene.

Big Block Deville
01-24-08, 07:31 PM
PDX area....

96BIG_BODY
02-07-08, 02:29 PM
S.E. portland area:cool2: anyone got love for lowriders:cool:

NOT ON MY WATCH
02-07-08, 02:31 PM
Looks like I'll be moving to Portland in the next few months, but I am definitely not into the lowrider scene. However, to each his own...

96BIG_BODY
02-08-08, 02:03 PM
anybody else on this site from the portland/vancouver area that lowrides?

Jesda
02-12-08, 12:06 AM
I will gladly come to a Portland or Seattle meet.

gdwriter
02-12-08, 12:38 AM
I will gladly come to a Portland or Seattle meet.Damn, we need to have one then!

OPEC
03-04-08, 04:07 PM
anybody else on this site from the portland/vancouver area that lowrides?

I've just picked up a mint '72 Deville. It's all original, so not technically a lowrider....but cool as shit anyway. It'd be fun to meet up on a sunny day and chat.

baskalade
03-04-08, 10:34 PM
Live in Portland! Hello Oregonians!

gdwriter
03-05-08, 12:03 PM
I've just picked up a mint '72 Deville. It's all original, so not technically a lowrider....but cool as shit anyway. It'd be fun to meet up on a sunny day and chat.You should bring it to one of the many classic car shows in Portland in the spring and summer. I bring my '64 Impala to some; if I know of a show in the area I'm attending, I'll let you know.

OPEC
03-05-08, 07:10 PM
Sounds good on the shows later this summer. I'm going to need to get a tune up done on the thing soon. Any recommendations on shops? I know anybody can do timing, points, ect, but i'd like to start a relationship with a good shop, preferably in inner SE. Thanks.

00slsseville
04-19-08, 07:53 PM
im up here in tacoma wa. any meets planned for the summer. either in WA or OR? im down either way

onebadsls
04-29-08, 03:30 PM
I got a 93 seville I am having a problem getting fuel to the carb, does anyone know someone that I might beable to take it to without paying my left testicle to. I just replaced the fuel modular in the tank and it started up the next day, and then drove fine for three days and went out to start it yesterday, and it started and then died. Any suggestions.

tagrp
04-30-08, 07:11 PM
I'm in Hillsboro

onebadsls
05-07-08, 07:57 PM
Im in lacenter Wa, got my car all fixed ready to roll out. Im down anytime let me know.

OPEC
05-09-08, 03:32 AM
Hey good to hear back from ya'll. We should find a reason to get together before too long, no?

Coupla questions: who do you guys use to get work done in town? I've been going to majhor murray, who are really good, but really expensive. I wonder if there is a cheaper place for simple tuneup type work ... i just break shit too much when i work on W myself.

Also, anybody ever had a classic appraisal done in town?

Thanx

BTW--W is the name of the car, cause he comes by at night and fills her up.

fleetofcads
05-27-08, 09:06 PM
Im in Portland. Love to get together with others in the area this summer. http://www.fleetofcads.com

pdxjim
10-20-08, 09:15 AM
I'm located in Tigard and am selling my 1970 Sedan DeVille. The body is in near perfect shape. The interior is in great shape as well. The A/C works great. The car has approximately 124,000 miles on it. Not bad for a car that's almost 40 years old. Part of the reason for selling the car is there is an issue with the engine. I'm not completely sure what it is, but this would be the perfect car for someone who wants to do some DIY work.

Pictures available upon request.

Jim

vperl
07-07-09, 12:39 AM
I'm out Clacamas way. Guess no one has a V2

roger97338
05-20-10, 12:53 PM
Hey gdwriter, you live in Independence? I'm right around the corner in Dallas! It's amazing who you run into online when you quit being anonymous, isn't it!

Noisycow
12-18-10, 10:55 PM
New Caddy owner here in Portland. Anyone recommended a good performance shop. Someone that can install CS Mounts, maybe short shift kit (I may try to take a shot at it myself).

Love the car, just hate dealers.

56clubsedan
02-09-11, 01:59 PM
I'm in Beaverton

cla-C-cadee
11-07-11, 07:34 PM
Just got my first Caddy a few days ago.

Stoked. I'm always down for meets, drives, and lending a helping hand on repairs; I've been in the car scene for quite some time now.

(Portland, OR)

Apposl
01-03-12, 02:45 AM
I just moved from Dallas to Albany. I'm a 31yo combat vet and single Dad attending college at Linn Benton Community College, transferring to OSU, and I drive a recently-swapped-for 1974 Cadillac Eldorado. White, with red leather interior, 80k miles, 2door with the 500ci engine. My daughter loves it. The tranny seems to be slipping, having trouble getting in and out of gear, and it falls out've gear on the highway. Sigh and uh oh. It's my behemoth DD. ;-)

*Had to edit picture, waaay too big!* And now I can't figure out how to unattach - sorry about the size.

I'd love to get together with some of you other Oregon Caddy owners, I used to drive a Ford Lightning and ran the Hawaii chapter of the National Lightning Owner's Club, so if anyone wants to get together and BS at least on Facebook (and see pics of my car), come over to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cadillac/207597389331202

DavidBoren
08-05-12, 04:11 PM
I just bought a 2005 CTS on the 13th of July, I thought Friday the 13th was the perfect day to buy a car. Anyways, Im loving the car and am looking forward to playing with it. I have been taking it to Vic Alfonso Cadillac for service, and they have treated me right so far. I have not done anything extensive to it yet. I am getting new tires put on it and replacing the differential bushing with the Creative Steel part on the 17th. I would love to find some people that have experience with the first generation CTS around my area. I hate having to bring it to the dealership just because I do not have a garage or tools. I want to replace the spark plugs, install a Volant CAI, drill out of the PVC, and put in a Ice-olator intake manifold spacer, but I need help doing it. The apartment complex I live in does not allow vehicle maintenance to be done in the parking lot, and I do not have the tools, as mentioned earlier. Oh yeah, Im in Milwaukie. I guess I should have thrown that out there earlier. Shoot me a PM if you have a garage and tools and experience with the 03-07 CTS and want to help a brother out. Vic Alfonso said they will install aftermarket parts for me, it just sucks paying $60/hr for work I would gladly do with minimal guidance. Im also willing to pay for credits if anyone has a tuner and has tuned a 1st generation CTS. Let me know.

JhughesCTS
03-18-13, 10:03 AM
I'm in Gresham. And work in Portland.

DavidBoren
04-11-13, 02:33 PM
Does anyone in the Portland/Vancouver area have their own garage and do their own work? Im not necessarily talking about an auto shop, just a normal garage we can work in. Just moved from Milwookie across the river to Beavergun, but I love to drive so pretty much anywhere between Salem and Seattle is within easy reach for me. I think it would be really cool to get some wrench time with someone on this forum. Plus, I have a big bucket of bolt-on parts for my 2005 CTS, and no garage to bolt them on in.

JhughesCTS
04-11-13, 02:37 PM
I am in Gresham, I am working on purchasing my first home. If all goes well with no unexpected bills I should have it before the holidays.

DavidBoren
04-15-13, 06:35 PM
I am in Gresham, I am working on purchasing my first home. If all goes well with no unexpected bills I should have it before the holidays.

Well, sweet. PM me up when you get settled in. It will be nice to meet some of members of this fine forum.

dizzy1
08-21-13, 04:59 PM
New to me Caddy owner here from Vancouver, Wa. I Am inheriting my grandmothers 01 eldorado ESC with only 59k miles. Still has the plastic on the floor mats! I love everthing about the car but of course I want more out of it. Recommendations on air delivery and exhuast would be greatly appreciated! Also would love to go to some meets and pick peoples brains on what kind of options there are out there for this car. Thanks all!

69Devil
12-31-13, 03:50 AM
Vancouver Native, new to the forum. Been looking for meets/clubs etc. in the area. Owner of a 69 Coupe Deville. Runs and drives well but needs a little work. priority being non working heater, power steering pump, weather stripping and mushy brakes.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/blandam/IMG_0059_modified.jpg (http://s588.photobucket.com/user/blandam/media/IMG_0059_modified.jpg.html)

jasonread3
04-04-14, 11:30 PM
I'm here in portland. 2002 STS Seville. Would love to do a Cadillac meet up.