: N.Star Deville afermarket Tachometer ?

Caddilicious
01-26-04, 01:17 AM
Hello,

Has anyone or does anyone know if it easy to install an aftermarket Tachnometer to a 1995 concours deville?

I'm trying to find a small hopefullt digital tach for my deville, I do not want anything huge, want to keep dash looking stock as much as possible.. Maybe a small pillar one?

FirstTimeCaddy
01-26-04, 07:15 PM
Hello,

Has anyone or does anyone know if it easy to install an aftermarket Tachnometer to a 1995 concours deville?

I'm trying to find a small hopefullt digital tach for my deville, I do not want anything huge, want to keep dash looking stock as much as possible.. Maybe a small pillar one?

Doesn't your car have a tach? If not, then I can see putting one in, but being a Caddy, I would never put a tach in it. I haven't seen many LCD readout tachs, but what good will an LCD do for an auto. If you are shifting it manually off an LCD readout, the numbers will be jumping so fast that it will be hard to judge....Went through that with my honda years back.

Brett

Night Wolf
01-22-06, 02:04 AM
No need to buy a thing....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42347

davesdeville
01-22-06, 06:27 AM
^^That's pretty damn weird if that worked, because my ETC does not display RPM on the DIC...

turbojimmy
01-22-06, 08:01 AM
It is possible, but you have to find the feed for the tach signal. According to the instructions I got with my remote starter it's up front by the A/C compressor. I couldn't find anything that looked like what they described so I tapped into the wire that feeds the PCM at the PCM. I know it's working because the remote starter has a tach learn function that works as it should (it also shuts it down if it thinks the car is revving out of control, which I've also tested and it works too).

Jim

Zorb750
02-13-06, 06:00 AM
No. Program the tach. Don't add one. We did it on a 1994 concours with digital. I will post directions for 1994 and 1995.

Zorb750
02-13-06, 06:21 AM
http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42347&page=2

Thanks (In no particular order) to Caddydaddy and Kdirk.