: Interesting 1985 Fleetwood coupe junkyard find

Johnny Bravo
05-15-06, 10:55 PM
There is a RWD 1985 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe in my local J-yard. I noticed clamped on the left side of the 7.5 inch rear axel tube there is a forward facing bracket with a heavy cylindrical tube welded on the end. What is the purpose of this part, some kind of damper or counterweight perhaps?

The car is (was) loaded and has a rear sway bar and front steering stabilizer.

Junkman
05-16-06, 01:05 AM
I can't answer the question for you, but I do have a few questions about the cars. I need a pair of aluminum hood springs. I believe that the Fleetwoods had the aluminum hood on them. Any chance that you could check to see if either of these has the aluminum hood and if so, get the hood springs for me? thanks Junkman... bolensvair @ yahoo.com (remove spaces)... thanks again...

Johnny Bravo
05-16-06, 02:34 AM
I'll check, but this particular car had the engine removed and they bent the hood back rather than remove it, so the hinges may be damaged.

Junkman
05-16-06, 09:03 AM
Just need the springs, so if the hinges are damaged, it doesn't matter unless they wrecked the springs also..... The aluminum hood is much lighter and will have no rust. Easy to tell if you have a magnet.... thanks Junk....

Johnny Bravo
05-16-06, 06:58 PM
Sorry, the hood was steel.

Anyway, back to my original question...