: Possibly the best sounding N*?

Aurora By Olds
05-15-06, 07:42 PM
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmCoYHh1tU

My aurora on the day I custom built my exhaust. I decided to see what she sounded like with nothing on it but the manifolds and collector. Not bad at the higher RPM's :burn: Needless to say its a bit quieter now :-)

dp102288
05-16-06, 09:09 AM
Nice!! Just like a race car.

CadillacSTS42005
05-16-06, 02:29 PM
damn not bad

caddydaddy
05-16-06, 03:09 PM
Sounds like the Corsa cat back on my STS, just a bit louder!

I'm sure leaving the exhaust like that would leave people wondering....what the hell was that??????

Aurora By Olds
05-16-06, 07:49 PM
Well, it actually sounded like my old grand prix at idle and low RPM's, but once it got over 3500+ it was pretty mean. I will have sounds of the new exhaust once I get it finalized. Im not really happy with it yet...

dkozloski
05-16-06, 08:42 PM
My wife recorded this as I left for work the other morning and turned on to the expressway, I think. http://www.billzilla.org/BRM-pushstart.mp3

inurok
05-17-06, 03:03 PM
Best sounding N* IMHO is the GXP

1997 Cadillac SLS
05-18-06, 02:38 AM
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmCoYHh1tU

My aurora on the day I custom built my exhaust. I decided to see what she sounded like with nothing on it but the manifolds and collector. Not bad at the higher RPM's :burn: Needless to say its a bit quieter now :-)

sounds badd azz :burn:

auroradude
05-18-06, 06:30 PM
Sounds bad ass, but have to say it looks like it isnt going anywhere even with all that sound unfortunately. This car shouldve had the 4.6.

So you just took off the mufflers and that was it right? The cats are still there or are they not? Also man, wow, you beat the shit out of that thing dont you? People say I used to drive mine hard but I NEVER drove it like that...LOL.

STS 310
05-18-06, 07:43 PM
There was a guy on the forum who ran straight pipes on a 95 STS I think. He said the neighbors just l o v e d him.

Aurora By Olds
05-18-06, 07:57 PM
Sounds bad ass, but have to say it looks like it isnt going anywhere even with all that sound unfortunately. This car shouldve had the 4.6.

So you just took off the mufflers and that was it right? The cats are still there or are they not? Also man, wow, you beat the shit out of that thing dont you? People say I used to drive mine hard but I NEVER drove it like that...LOL.

No cats, no mufflers, no pipe, nothing. Just manifolds and the short collector was on it at the time of the taping. It had plenty more power, and actually got up and shit a lot better, despite what it looks like on tape.
I now have an exhaust system on it that im not really happy with, but im in the process of fine tuning it.
I wouldn's say I beat the shit out of it either, I just drive it like it was made to be driven. Im sure it can handle everything I put to it and then some.

STS 310
05-18-06, 08:07 PM
Also man, wow, you beat the shit out of that thing dont you? People say I used to drive mine hard but I NEVER drove it like that...LOL.

Wow if you think thats a beating you should get out more often. That was tame in most circles. I didnt see nor hear anything that I thought would be detrimental to the Rora at all.

It looked like maybe 2 people drive that road per day, where is that?

auroradude
05-18-06, 08:18 PM
Your forgetting something. This motor was designed high performance but when nearing 100,000 miles its a lot ****ing worse to be doing that. Add to that if a previous owner did poor maintenance that makes it even worse.

Besides, its not so much the engine you have to worry about, but the transmission too. You think that tranny will hold up to that kind of use day in and day out with 100k+? I really dont think it will at all. Maybe for a few months or something. But I bet a lot of people on this forum would disagree with that kind of use and abuse because its built high-po.

BTW, haha, I get out a lot...but I dont drive my car like that. I drive the leased cars WOT out of every stop.

STS 310
05-18-06, 08:37 PM
100k isnt anything thing to these engines IF properly maintained. You are rite there. But a well maint North* can endure that what you saw and a whole hell of lot more.

I understand your reasoning, but its not warranted. Besides, the guy was making a video. Would have been dumb if he was putting down the road at 40 mph with no WOT.

Aurora By Olds
05-18-06, 10:26 PM
I drive like this on a daily basis, the pedal hits the floor pretty much every time the car moves. Has 140k on it, and ive been beating it for the last 60k miles. The only thing I ever expect to go on it is the trans, and all that really would set me back is $450 from a junk yard and a long days worth of labor. Well worth it IMHO. Other than that, it is well maintained, and I dont forsee any problems otherwise. 100k isnt anything anymore.

auroradude
05-18-06, 11:49 PM
LMFAO...wow man you are lucky the car doesnt give you shit. How much money have you put into it? I drove under 18k miles and spent $3000 repairing stuff on parts alone and I only floor it when i have to.

However that does remind me of the 03 exploder we used to have. Every time I took off from a stop, i floored it. I do it with the saab too. LMFAO. Its a shame you dont live around here i could probably relate to you pretty well.

CadillacSTS42005
05-19-06, 12:20 AM
Hey Auroradude where do you live in PA i live in Pittsburgh

davesdeville
05-19-06, 05:03 AM
That does sound pretty cool. I took my ETC to the track with only the exhaust manifold, crossover, and Y pipe - cats and everything downstream was off. Sounded about the same. Took it to the track and everyone was like WTF. I had the line pressure mod (with an inline switch) so I got a nice tire chirp on the 1-2, man I wish the cops hadn't taken my video camera.

And why bother getting a dynomax exhaust, K&N, and then driving like you're an average 60 year old woman? (That's the nicest way I could put that.)

Aurora By Olds
05-19-06, 06:50 AM
That does sound pretty cool. I took my ETC to the track with only the exhaust manifold, crossover, and Y pipe - cats and everything downstream was off. Sounded about the same. Took it to the track and everyone was like WTF. I had the line pressure mod (with an inline switch) so I got a nice tire chirp on the 1-2, man I wish the cops hadn't taken my video camera.

And why bother getting a dynomax exhaust, K&N, and then driving like you're an average 60 year old woman? (That's the nicest way I could put that.)

Exactly. My aurora is pretty tight on the 1-2 shift just in manual 1st or second, so it almost always barks the tires pretty good. Especially with this new exhaust it has no prob activating the traction on a 1-2 power shift.

BTW, Ive put virtually no money into this car since I bought it used with 80K on it.

auroradude
05-19-06, 09:18 AM
Thats about how many miles my car had on it when I got it 2 years ago, 77k.

Well, one reason davesdeville is now, I just feel bad "running it out" meaning fuel when you floor it. All it does is just dump it....look at the gallons used on the DIC.

ALSO I do NOT drive like a 60 year old woman. Infact i routintely drive 100mph passing everyone, but i hit the gas what, half way to achieve that speed then let it coast all the way back down to the light without even hitting the brakes. I also cant get any more tickets or i will lose my license so i have to be careful.

I could probably outdrive you. I push every car I drive to the limits when i can & its safe just to test it. my dad would be pissed if he knew i do slides around corners and did donuts etc. My mom over reacted one time and totaled a car because she paniced. Same with 3 of my friends, they didnt know how to handle the car. I wouldve never done that, Tried & Tested.

93greeneldo
05-19-06, 10:24 AM
My 95 Aurora with 160,000 miles can still get a chirp on the 1-2 shift when I put the transmission in power mode and leave the shifter in first. My car is still together and shows no signs of weakening. I saw an Aurora with 228,000 that was still driven as hard as you could and it was fine. I want to get that kind of sound from my car, just a little quieter.

STS 310
05-19-06, 02:12 PM
Auroradude, you have me totally confused to this point, however I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. I was trying to see past your age, but your posts do nothing to dismiss the fact that your a kid.

Sorry dude.

auroradude
05-19-06, 11:25 PM
Hey you know what? Bite me. I have nothing to prove to you...and I despise people who take an internet chat forum seriously. How about you get off the computer and go take a walk in the park.

Also btw, looking at your sig, are you really a doctor? And you drive a 96 STS? Guess that novelty degree hanging on your wall sure got you somewhere.

Sorry ABO for derailing your thread here, no offense to you in any of my posts.

1997 Cadillac SLS
05-19-06, 11:55 PM
LOLOL, hey no offense above, BUTTTTT that line is from the original star trek LOL, "damn it Jim", Dr. Mckoy

dont take such offense to people...like you said its just a forum

danbuc
05-20-06, 01:29 AM
Hay auroradude, your in West Chester right? I was living there for a year and a half until last November....I bet I've probably seen you around.

You say you could outdrive davesdeville ( and all the rest of us poor souls) huh? I'll tell you what, since I'm sure you live in West Chester.......as soon as my car comes back form the shop (new tranny and steering rack), I'll run you on 100 from where the route 30 overpass is all the way till it merges with 202 (I'm sure your familar with this section of road if you do live there). Nice little stretch with very little cops (at 2:30am that is). I'd pay to see you outrun me in your Aurora.

Don't take any of this the wrong way. I'm sure your a great driver and all, but you do come across as having somewhat of a cocky attitude. To be honest, I'd pay double just to see you make it from the Lincoln Tunnel to the GWB in Rush Hour traffic without having a nervous breakdown. Now that's driving at it best....or worst depending on how you look at it.

dkozloski
05-20-06, 02:26 AM
Two bits says that Auroradude does all his driving on a PlayStation. A legend in his own mind.

davesdeville
05-20-06, 04:28 AM
Thats about how many miles my car had on it when I got it 2 years ago, 77k.

Well, one reason davesdeville is now, I just feel bad "running it out" meaning fuel when you floor it. All it does is just dump it....look at the gallons used on the DIC.

ALSO I do NOT drive like a 60 year old woman. Infact i routintely drive 100mph passing everyone, but i hit the gas what, half way to achieve that speed then let it coast all the way back down to the light without even hitting the brakes. I also cant get any more tickets or i will lose my license so i have to be careful.

I could probably outdrive you. I push every car I drive to the limits when i can & its safe just to test it. my dad would be pissed if he knew i do slides around corners and did donuts etc. My mom over reacted one time and totaled a car because she paniced. Same with 3 of my friends, they didnt know how to handle the car. I wouldve never done that, Tried & Tested.

Why do you 'feel bad?' Just the fuel economy? It's not like you're hurting the car.

PS if you're ever out in the NM/AZ area we can do a run up Sandia peak or old route 666 (~100 miles, 1400 turns.)

caddydaddy
05-20-06, 08:28 AM
LOLOL, hey no offense above, BUTTTTT that line is from the original star trek LOL, "damn it Jim", Dr. Mckoy

dont take such offense to people...like you said its just a forum

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV! :thepan:

auroradude
05-20-06, 08:46 AM
I didnt mean driving my car...LOL. I think I might be able to beat the N* in the Saab with the 5.3, but if that won't do, the S-Type R can handle it. I'd put 2 or 300 down against a run like that on Route 1. We're going to autocross the R before the lease is up i think so that should be fun.

You know what Danbuc, I think i might have seen you around..haha. Were you up here before college let out (early May)? I remember you actually a while ago (like 1+ year) driving that thing loaded with friends right thru (umm...forget that street) Where you turn left into the side street from the traffic light (not high street, but keep going straight and first left, where all the rent houses are). I was with some buddies that graduated the year b4 me, and they were like "Oh look, daddy bought that little boy a Caddy..". That mightve been you. Next time your up here we should stop and have a beer, or ugh, get something to eat and chat somewhere.

But yeah if you saw me most likely it was in that 03 Exploder. I used to driev that thing floored around west chester every day.

But yeah I have a cocky ass atitude sometimes...just the way I post. :)

CadillacSTS42005
05-20-06, 08:53 AM
ohh see guys he has the type R mod of course hell win lol lol lol sorry i couldnt resist

danbuc
05-20-06, 11:05 AM
I didnt mean driving my car...LOL. I think I might be able to beat the N* in the Saab with the 5.3, but if that won't do, the S-Type R can handle it. I'd put 2 or 300 down against a run like that on Route 1. We're going to autocross the R before the lease is up i think so that should be fun.

You know what Danbuc, I think i might have seen you around..haha. Were you up here before college let out (early May)? I remember you actually a while ago (like 1+ year) driving that thing loaded with friends right thru (umm...forget that street) Where you turn left into the side street from the traffic light (not high street, but keep going straight and first left, where all the rent houses are). I was with some buddies that graduated the year b4 me, and they were like "Oh look, daddy bought that little boy a Caddy..". That mightve been you. Next time your up here we should stop and have a beer, or ugh, get something to eat and chat somewhere.

But yeah if you saw me most likely it was in that 03 Exploder. I used to driev that thing floored around west chester every day.

But yeah I have a cocky ass atitude sometimes...just the way I post. :)

It quite possibly could have been me. There was another guy about my age there who also owned a black 99 STS, but he had the CTS wheels on his. He didn't have the Corsa exhaust though. If it was me, it most likely would have been very loud. I did drive down High St all the time though.....usually on my way to meet up with someone at WCU. Some of the guys form my school would hang out at the Wendy's next to the Wawa on Gay st (that name still cracks me up). I was there until november of last year