: Goodyear Canada...not as generous as Goodyear USA

Poopie D
05-15-06, 05:24 PM
Just called Goodyear Canada and tried to get a credit towards my factory tires. The front's are at 5/32nd and the rears are at 2/32nd with 16,000 miles (I bought the car used, not too sure if the tires were rotated properly) They offered to give me only two new tires at 50% off retail which will cost me $275 per tire.

The guy at Goodyear said that he has never heard a complaint about these tires before...

I guess it is better than nothing...

Art138
05-15-06, 09:07 PM
I called Goodyear today and they suggested I take my car to the dealer vice having a goodyear rep do it. I guess they received feedback on how fragile the paint is on our stock rims. I have only 4,300 miles so it might be easier to get mine done at the dealer. Although I have heard of some Goodyear dealers replacing rims they damaged,do not count on it.

verbs
05-16-06, 01:13 PM
Just called Goodyear Canada and tried to get a credit towards my factory tires. The front's are at 5/32nd and the rears are at 2/32nd with 16,000 miles (I bought the car used, not too sure if the tires were rotated properly) They offered to give me only two new tires at 50% off retail which will cost me $275 per tire.

The guy at Goodyear said that he has never heard a complaint about these tires before...

I guess it is better than nothing...

It's becuse you have too many miles on the tires, and only two of them are fully worn (2/32 tread).

I got about a 75% credit on the retail price for having 2/32 tread on all four tires at 6600 miles.

The tires are prorated based on I believe a 20000 or 25000 mile (I forgot which) useful life. So your front tires should get a 20% proration based on a 20000 mile life, and the rears shouldn't get any proration at all since they'll make it to 20000 miles before being worn. That calculates to you getting only about a 10% proration on all 4 tires, yet they gave you a 25% proration on all tires (based on getting 2 tires @50% off).

You only have 2 tires that are at 2/32 tread at 16000 miles, and your other two tires won't be at 2/32 tread till about 20,000 miles or so. I think you got a more than fair credit IMO.