: $660 tune up for 95 STS??!!

95sts89
05-15-06, 04:21 PM
according to the auto shop i just took my STS to, a tune up will cost me $660.
all spark plug +wires will be replaced, the air and fuel filter also need to be replaced and the labor is costing around $300.

the cadillac dealer quoted me over $800, but the guy wasnt even sure if that was enough.

does all this equal up or am i getting ripped off????

i need serious help on this situation. my caddy is driving like shit, and it must be fixed, but i never would have thought that a tune up would cost so much

1993 eldorado green1
05-15-06, 04:46 PM
all spark plug +wires will be replaced, the air and fuel filter also need to be replaced and the labor is costing around $300.

the cadillac dealer quoted me over $800, but the guy wasnt even sure if that was enough.

i need serious help on this situation. my caddy is driving like shit, and it must be fixed, but i never would have thought that a tune up would cost so much

2 choices, either sell it and buy a 4 cylinder that will be cheaper on maint. or do it yourself, its very easy to do those things. it might take you a few hours or so.

it sounds like u are having running troubles? what symptoms are u having to prompt all this work??

fpmesiIII
05-15-06, 04:52 PM

well ac-delco plugs and wires will run you about $180 alone, and probably like $20 bucks for air and fuel filter. so about $200 for parts alone.

if you do it yourself you will save about $460. im not sure what other places run you for the job. but $460 for labor is pretty steep. forget the stealership.

Ranger
05-15-06, 08:29 PM
There is one other choice. Bring it to me and I'll do it for $450 and still have a hard time looking you in the face when I take your money. It is really very easy to do yourself.

zonie77
05-16-06, 07:24 PM
Unless you are allergic to physical work do it yourself. It is one of the easier cars to tune. No adjustments. Just replace parts.

Those prices are CRAZY!

El Dobro
05-16-06, 09:55 PM
At least they didn't try to sell you a cap and rotor. :hmm:

STS 310
05-18-06, 09:57 PM
Damn rip off artists. I would have laft the estimate on the floor. Wait, I wouldnt even be within ten miles of a stealer for service.

Yea cap and rotor, how many naive people have ate that one at some places.

zonie77
05-19-06, 01:47 AM
On a little tangent, I need a trench dug for electric service...yeah, I'm typing by candlelight. A guy I previously used gave me an estimate for $2000. Problem is I already had 2 other estimates for about $400. I told him he was crazy on the phone. He wasn't happy, acted insulted. He just got back from vacation so I guess he's looking for someone to pay for it.

94CaddyConcours
05-20-06, 09:19 PM
Yea cap and rotor, how many naive people have ate that one at some places.

That happen to me at kragen. I was like you moron mine is a De Ville Concours it use power coil.