: Need Some Help

BeastMaster
05-15-06, 07:57 AM
My Service Manager and Region Manager - claim that they have never heard of replacing the 05 rear end of CTS-V with the rear end of an 06. I know it is being done - is there anything anyone has from Cadillac saying this is what should be done? I thought that if they punched my rear end part number into their computer it would come back with the new replacement part number (the 06 rear end). Am I wrong? Please HEEELP - OIf I'm wrong - let me know.

Florian
05-15-06, 08:33 AM
the replacement part number is that of the 06. There is no specific place where it says "replace with the 06 rear" The 05 rearend part number was obsoleted for the 06

F

TampaV
05-15-06, 08:43 AM
My Service Manager and Region Manager - claim that they have never heard of replacing the 05 rear end of CTS-V with the rear end of an 06. I know it is being done - is there anything anyone has from Cadillac saying this is what should be done? I thought that if they punched my rear end part number into their computer it would come back with the new replacement part number (the 06 rear end). Am I wrong? Please HEEELP - OIf I'm wrong - let me know.

They won't just replace the diff with an 06 for no reason, but if you're diff is whining the only diff available is the 06. The part number is 15793756. That's the diff they will get for any 04 or 05 car. I had mine replaced due to whining and that's what they put in.

Hope that answers your question.

BeastMaster
05-15-06, 09:01 AM
My diff is whinning. Just like the last one did when they replaced it with the old part number. they are now saying that the whine is normal.

SBONES
05-15-06, 10:39 AM
never heard of whinning in our v's...where is this dealer...on the moon.:thehand: