: Motor Flush?

Paul Nagy
01-25-04, 07:43 PM
I used the Gunk Motor Flush product recently while changing my oil. Assuming your oil is not to the tippy top, one simply adds the bottle of Flush to the existing oil in the engine, runs it for five minutes, and then changes the oil as usual. I now find that the car idles noticeably smoother...Maybe it's just me, and maybe it didn't help loosen deposits in/on the valves, but I found it very much worth the 5 bucks. Consider it recommended.

Paul Nagy
'94 "Maroon Moon" Deville
Clovis, NM, USA

rainingzigzags
01-25-04, 09:12 PM
my car has too many miles on it to worry about that.. with my luck it will flush out what is still holding it together...:histeric:

elwesso
01-26-04, 04:54 PM
I think you are an exception to the rule.... Fortunately you must not have much varnish or sludge..... That can cause some serious problems, as its MUCH to potent to use.... If you have a farily clean egnine i could see it being better, but if you have a dirty engine (like me) then you ought not to use the quickie flushes....

IF you want to have good cleaning, consider going to a dealer and getting a full engine flush done... I am getting one tomrrow, and I am using the bilstein process... it will COMPLETELY aleviate the engine of varnish and sludge..... And its completely safe... I sound like a salesman dont I!!

Think long and hard about doing this before you do it to your car..... As it would be terrible if you dislodged a piece of sludge that clogged up a drain port.....

CadillacJack76
01-28-04, 09:45 PM
Ha haaa, well did you do it yet? How did it turn out?

Lemme know, Jack

TimsToy
01-29-04, 08:29 AM
Hey Wes,
How much does this procedure cost? Where can you get it done? I don't have a Caddy Dealership close by. My fuel economy has really gone to...:disappoin The last couple weeks and I was contemplating a tune-up. Any Thoughts on that anyone? What would I need for a good tune-up? Do I need to take it to a Caddy Dealer or can any competent mechanic do it? Stock plugs and wires or aftermarket? :confused: I was also going to have a new PROM installed at the same time and I'm considering a new heater core also, since the prom and core are in the same general area, aren't they? :confused:
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Tim

I think you are an exception to the rule.... Fortunately you must not have much varnish or sludge..... That can cause some serious problems, as its MUCH to potent to use.... If you have a farily clean egnine i could see it being better, but if you have a dirty engine (like me) then you ought not to use the quickie flushes....

IF you want to have good cleaning, consider going to a dealer and getting a full engine flush done... I am getting one tomrrow, and I am using the bilstein process... it will COMPLETELY aleviate the engine of varnish and sludge..... And its completely safe... I sound like a salesman dont I!!

Think long and hard about doing this before you do it to your car..... As it would be terrible if you dislodged a piece of sludge that clogged up a drain port.....

elwesso
01-29-04, 06:23 PM
I got the flush done.....

I am not very impressed as to how it cleaned, although I think my engine was just stained from sludge, and the buildup wasnt bad..... I was mainly trying to clean my oil strainer, which caused my oil light to be on at startup for approx 3 seconds... TOO long...

I would recommend getting this done....

The procedure cost me $87, and i brought my own oil in..... $125 or so if I didnt......

As far as where you can get it done.... Call around to dealerships, toyota dealerships usually have them (the toyota sludge problem)... I got mine done at a nissan dealer....

elwesso
01-29-04, 06:23 PM
Tim... I suggest you start a new thread about your inquiries...... :)