: Pics of the '91 w/SS wheels

Destroyer
05-13-06, 08:52 PM
After wondering if SS wheels would fit my FWB for over a year, 96 Fleetwood finally gave me the green light so I went ahead and bought a set off ebay. Wheels are reproductions but are the same size as stock Impala SS wheels. 17x8.5's all around with 255/50/17's. Car rides much smoother and handles much better. Next will be suspension mods. Anyway here are a few pics:

caddycruiser
05-13-06, 09:30 PM
Very nice. Great way to update an older car, while still keeping the "all GM look".

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-13-06, 09:50 PM
That looks soooo awesome! If you could get the 4th picture to be 1024x768, I'd have a new backround :)

Destroyer
05-13-06, 10:12 PM
That looks soooo awesome! If you could get the 4th picture to be 1024x768, I'd have a new backround :)I tried but the most it will let me do is 800x600. Sucks too, cause the pictures got kind of fuzzy when I shrunk them. Oh well.

brougham
05-14-06, 01:46 AM
I think it would look better with normal Fleetwood rims. Those ones don't look right on it. I did wonder what it would look like before tho because I think it's neat that you can put Cadillac centre caps on them.

ShadowLvr400
05-14-06, 02:14 AM
I agree with brougham partially. Those wheels don't quite look right to me.

Night Wolf
05-14-06, 02:47 AM
They just don't blend very well..... these cars need spokes...

Destroyer
05-14-06, 08:36 AM
They just don't blend very well..... these cars need spokes...I could never do spokes, just isn't me.:tisk:

Bro-Ham
05-14-06, 11:56 AM
Hi,

I think the car looks great! It's the way you like it and that's all that matters. I like to change the wheels on my cars too since the originals on some of these older cars tend to look a little stale.

Below are pictures of my 79 Sedan deVille d'Elegance with recently installed Cadillac genuine wire wheels and 81 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe with 93-96 Fleetwood Brougham aluminum wheels.

Dave

Night Wolf
05-14-06, 12:44 PM
I could never do spokes, just isn't me.:tisk:

Not the bling bling spokes... but... well, I liked these alot....

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/79-2.JPG

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/door/PDR_0194.JPG

Destroyer
05-14-06, 01:08 PM
Hi,

I think the car looks great! It's the way you like it and that's all that matters. I like to change the wheels on my cars too since the originals on some of these older cars tend to look a little stale.

Below are pictures of my 79 Sedan deVille d'Elegance with recently installed Cadillac genuine wire wheels and 81 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe with 93-96 Fleetwood Brougham aluminum wheels.

DaveBoth look great as did yours Nightwolf but it wasn't a matter of looks alone. Personally I like the way they look, kinda matches the chrome all over the car and the grunt of the exhaust. I did it for performance too. The car would just spin off the line and wasn't too good around corners. Both problems now alleviated but the suspension will still need some stiffening. I also like the stance big wheels/tires give. Stock you got this huge car with skinny tires, I dont like that look. I looked into several different styles of wheels. Hard to find anything less than 20's for this car and even then the wheels are pretty skinny. Dont care for the bling bling but the stock Caddy spoke wheels do look good as do the 93-96 wheels on yours bro ham.

CoupeDevilleRob
05-14-06, 03:47 PM
Bro-Ham,

The 81 looks awesome with the 96 wheels. The chrome ones would probably be even sweeter looking.

96Fleetwood
05-14-06, 08:03 PM
I think it looks fantastic. Now its time for the Springs, Bilsteins, Hotchkis bars, and Control arms! :thumbsup:

And you can always paint the calipers and rear drums to freshen the look.. all for $25.00 or less!

scurling
05-14-06, 10:58 PM
Ok, I'll add my 2 cents. I think the look is just fiine. Not too far out of context with the original look. Spokes would look good too, but maintenance to keep them clean is a bear. I've had a set before.

Bro-Ham
05-15-06, 12:23 AM
Hi,

I like the look of the Destroyermobile at the top with the SS wheels. I keep wondering what those wheels would look like with whitewalls...? :-)

Also agree with Scurling that the wires look fine yet they are a MAJOR pain to keep clean. Makes me tempted to get a nice clean set of SS wheels like Destroyer.

Thanks to Rob for the nice compliment and I agree that chrome wheels would be a nice look. It could happen!

Dave

Night Wolf
05-15-06, 12:23 AM
Ok, I'll add my 2 cents. I think the look is just fiine. Not too far out of context with the original look. Spokes would look good too, but maintenance to keep them clean is a bear. I've had a set before.

Ya know... every one says that....

Do ya'll sit there with a rag and wipe each spoke down?

I go to the car wash, use my wheel cleaner, my favorite was Turtle Wax F21 all wheel/tire cleaner.... spray it on, do all 4 wheels, then take my long handle soft bristle wheel scrubber brush, and spend aobut 30seconds scrubbing each wheel, then get the pressure washer on rinse and blast all the stuff off.... soo easy and they would come out looking like new all the time.

Destroyer
05-15-06, 08:49 AM
I think it looks fantastic. Now its time for the Springs, Bilsteins, Hotchkis bars, and Control arms! :thumbsup:

And you can always paint the calipers and rear drums to freshen the look.. all for $25.00 or less!Thanks man, suspension stuff is definately next. Probably within the next few weeks. I was thinking Bilsteins for the shocks. A little confused about the lowering springs. So many different ones. I want to drop the front end quite a bit but leave the back pretty close to stock height. Do the Hotchkis bars make a big difference over the stock ones?.

96Fleetwood
05-15-06, 10:13 AM
The Hotchkis bars make a night and day difference! You also might want to change your control arms while you are at it because these bars are not very forgiving. :thumbsup:

Revoh
05-15-06, 12:41 PM
I like it! :thumbsup:

90Brougham350
05-15-06, 01:06 PM
I think it looks pretty sharp, those SS rims are a little bit like the rims I'd like to get sometime in the near future.

Destroyer
05-15-06, 09:22 PM
The Hotchkis bars make a night and day difference! You also might want to change your control arms while you are at it because these bars are not very forgiving. :thumbsup:I'm doing the control arms. This is getting fun. Drivetrain is next(after suspension). Either supercharge + new heads/cam on the L98 I put in there or put in a 440hp 383 sbc I've got lined up. We will see.

Destroyer
05-15-06, 09:29 PM
Hi,

I like the look of the Destroyermobile at the top with the SS wheels. I keep wondering what those wheels would look like with whitewalls...? :-)

Also agree with Scurling that the wires look fine yet they are a MAJOR pain to keep clean. Makes me tempted to get a nice clean set of SS wheels like Destroyer.

Thanks to Rob for the nice compliment and I agree that chrome wheels would be a nice look. It could happen!

DaveYou wont regret it man. Looks aside, you will be very surprised at how the 'ole Caddy handles with the new wheels/tires. These are very easy to clean as well. I bought the wheels for $499 +$100 for shipping from ebay and the tires (Hankook 255/50/17) for $365 + $65 shipping from Ebay. No scrubbing at all, they fit perfect!.

90Brougham350
05-15-06, 11:30 PM
You're right on with the Bilstein shocks, I swapped over 2 weeks ago from the OE airshocks, and even though I have everything else stock suspension-wise, the Bilsteins make it seems like a Corvette to me now.

Destroyer
05-16-06, 08:21 AM
You're right on with the Bilstein shocks, I swapped over 2 weeks ago from the OE airshocks, and even though I have everything else stock suspension-wise, the Bilsteins make it seems like a Corvette to me now.Very nice:thumbsup: