: Any Former CTS Owners?

c5 rv
05-12-06, 08:33 PM
I've been very happy with my '04 CTS (3.6, sports suspension, Volant intake, CTS-V exhaust), but am considering replacing it for something a bit larger. I drove a RWD STS V6 for the first time today. I liked the car, but thought it was working a bit too hard. Any former CTS owners here and what engine did you buy? Since I'm probably keeping my AWD truck, I'll get RWD for fair-weather driving.

meriksen
05-12-06, 08:54 PM
I replaced my '04 CTS 3.6 L V6 with a RWD V8 STS and LOVE IT! It is a little larger, but the styling fits me, and I love the engine. I don't know the power-to-weight ratio for either car, but the STS V8 is an outstanding replacement for the CTS.

moonstoneSTS
05-13-06, 10:39 PM
c5 rv - I used to have a 03 cts with the 3.2 liter (that was bought back by gm due to water leaks in the a column) then I had a 04 cts with the 3.6 liter as the replacement. Both of the cars were "a bit too small" after I had had them for a year & a half. When the 05 sts came out I bought a v6 1sc without a test drive - liked the styling, the options and such from the start. I have not had any problems with the car in 39000 miles and believe me the 3.6 has plenty of power unless you REALLY want to smoke them off the line.

Richbro
05-21-06, 09:15 AM
Prbly a late post for this thread, but I owned a CTS for 3 years, now a STS V8 and love the upgrade. My wife and I are empty nesters, so weekend trips are cool for the two us. I get my sports car flare and we get the room, etc.