: 95 Eldorado occasional starting problem.

Infamous Lac
05-12-06, 12:12 PM
Soon as I get ready to sell my Eldorado it stat=rt giving me problems. First the coil, then the thermostat now this. Occasionaly my Edlo takes a few turns to start up, I get no crank or a slight crank sopmetimes. It always will crank and turn on atleast by the third or fourth turn. The battery is good at 12.0 volts, tends to like to do it after car is pointed toward the sun and its hot outside. Does this sound like and ignition switch, I want to make sure before spending any money on a new part.

Ranger
05-12-06, 04:41 PM
Soon as I get ready to sell my Eldorado it stat=rt giving me problems. First the coil, then the thermostat now this. Occasionaly my Edlo takes a few turns to start up, I get no crank or a slight crank sopmetimes. It always will crank and turn on atleast by the third or fourth turn. The battery is good at 12.0 volts, tends to like to do it after car is pointed toward the sun and its hot outside. Does this sound like and ignition switch, I want to make sure before spending any money on a new part.
No, it sounds like it is possessed.

dp102288
05-13-06, 10:11 AM
Its telling you not to sell it.

Try to pull the codes for it.

Infamous Lac
05-15-06, 11:20 AM
Its not displaying any new codes, only the same egr valve code. It did it again this morning a short fraction on a sec crank, then nothing, nothing and then fries right up. With how gas prices are now Im am almost willing to give this thing away. Im getting like 14-16 mpg.

eldorado1
05-15-06, 12:24 PM
I'll take it. :bouncy:

Ranger
05-15-06, 02:02 PM
Clean the EGR valve.

TripleblackETC
05-19-06, 08:18 PM
I have the exact same problem with my '95 ETC. I told my mechanic about it and he thinks it's the fuel pump. It is weird; when it's real cold out it fires right up. If it's been off all night and you try it in the morning it fires right up. But once you drive it and try to start it again it take 3 or 4 turns. No codes come up for me either.

Ranger
05-19-06, 08:21 PM
I have the exact same problem with my '95 ETC. I told my mechanic about it and he thinks it's the fuel pump. It is weird; when it's real cold out it fires right up. If it's been off all night and you try it in the morning it fires right up. But once you drive it and try to start it again it take 3 or 4 turns. No codes come up for me either.
:welcome:
Your problem sounds like a bad FPR. Go to the Tech Tips section for a "How To" check it. Very simple.