: Talk about a kick to the berrys !!

NH Vrod
05-12-06, 12:35 PM
Went by the Chevy dealer the other day looking at an 05 Vett, of course the salesman's first word's are take it for a ride. Knowing that if I did I would leave with the car no matter how much it would cost me. So I told him to first give me a price on my V for trade in.
Now I have already checked Kelly Blue Book and for my 05 V with 8900 miles in excellent condition shows like 41,200. I felt pretty good about that price. Well NADA only shows it at 31,000. WTF, :eek: not even a year old with less than 9000. Miles on it and I have already lost over 20 g's That hurts, not only has this car been in the dealer more than any other car I have ever owned within a year, now it is worth SHIT!!!

Good thing I didn't drive the Vett first !!!

nikon
05-12-06, 01:04 PM
You wanna trade the V for a vette?? Funny, I passed up a couple vettes to get the V....what did the dealer quote you on the V anyways?? the nada value?

NH Vrod
05-12-06, 01:08 PM
Ya, he said the best he could do was 35, g's. But after sitting in the Vett and seeing the lack of room and space I don't think I would have bought it, the sales man loved the V, they thought I was crazy to trade it.

DILLIGAF
05-12-06, 01:12 PM
Any time you trade at a dealer your going to get corn holed.Sell outright.I like to buy used, so someone like you takes that first big hit.Good job!

MStoehrer
05-12-06, 01:57 PM
NADA is a book that shows loan values of cars. Banks use that infor to figure out how much they will allow you to finance. He was trying to take your car in at a low price so he could buy it himself.

VELOSE
05-12-06, 02:02 PM
This is why I probably will have to wait till my lease ends. :(

ctsvett
05-12-06, 03:37 PM
try putting 4 people in a vette....

Everyone is instistent on comparing these two cars... Yes they are options for some people and a corvette is really nice (I would like to have one for a weekend car), but the reality is that the V has 4 doors and can seat 4. A corvette Cannot...

If you are looking to have the best of both worlds (family car/ performance) the V is a simple choice. If you have the $$ to have a second daily driver or a family car, get the Vette...

My .02 cents...

Reed

TNT V
05-12-06, 05:16 PM
In the real world, I think you will have a hard time getting $35000. I couldn't get a call on my '04 at $29,000. I think the word is out on these. They are sitting on lots here for $30,000.

Jschmank
05-12-06, 09:16 PM
Funny, if someone looking at a V visited the site and read the posts they might shy away from buying it, yet if you look at the survey results you would have a different opinion. I think the prices have been hurt by the employee pricing campaigns, other discounts, the price of gas, the price of insurance, etc. But for those looking for a performance car that can accomodate a family and suitcases, what else is there to look at in the V price range? Still a great car for the money, especially those picking them up slightly used these days.

CVP33
05-13-06, 12:31 AM
Berries, berries? I thought we agreed to refer to them as man marbles? What the hell? :want:

Dennisscars
05-13-06, 01:42 AM
yeah, I was severely chasisted for not using the correct term "man marbles" http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/images/smilies/Get_him.gif

can we speed dial the kittens for the "my car is worth crap" thread.....

http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/cat-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/chantilly-tiffany-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/pictures/chantilly-tiffany-0007.jpg

oh yeah and as always.... black is still the fastest color.....

"Stop lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph"

NH Vrod
05-13-06, 10:03 AM
It really bites when you think how bad they depreciated. I realy do like the V, I still get a chubby every time I drive it, but know it is like I am stuck with it unless I want to eat 5 g's. I usually trade every year, year and a half so I know the game.
And I am really hesitating to do any mods to it because every time I read about someone else’s problems that I haven't had, sure enough back to the dealer I go.
I am glad I did not trade for a Vett, a weekend car for sure, I pack the V every week when I travel, plenty of room!

Man Marbles ??

trekster
05-13-06, 10:38 AM
I can't even get 30k for my car now. Sh1t, I know cadillac's resale value sucks; but I didn't know it was going to be that bad. I'm just going to supercharge the car and just enjoy life.

2004ctsv
05-13-06, 01:00 PM
I can't even get 30k for my car now. Sh1t, I know cadillac's resale value sucks; but I didn't know it was going to be that bad. I'm just going to supercharge the car and just enjoy life.

Amen

thebigjimsho
05-13-06, 06:22 PM
I don't have the cake to flip a car every 2 years. And as long as BMW had made the M5, that was my dream car. Then, sitting on the toilet in August of 2003, I read the article of C&D driving these souped up CTSs in Germany. Base price around $50G?

After working my ass off for 9 months, pooling my cash, selling 1 car and trading in the other, I got my new dream car. It's the first V ever made and if Cadillac tanks the series, fine. If it takes off, fine. This is my baby until I'm old and either: gray/bald.

Joey'sVee
05-13-06, 11:58 PM
Kelly blue book on mine is 37K as a trade in. I went to 4 dealership and couldn't get them to offer me more than 29K. It's really weird that KBB is higher than NADA. It's almost always the other way around. The word is out, trust me this is why in one year it has went from 40 something to 29K.