: I Thought My V Was Fast!!!

1badcady
05-11-06, 06:23 PM
Went for a ride with Ace in his new maggied zo6 :eek: , my car does not
move like that :tisk: . I know, I know the weight !! but still verry impresive.:worship:

GOOD LUCK ACE :thumbsup:

Vendetta-V-
05-11-06, 06:47 PM
Good lord...that's beyond time, space, and imagination!

mostoyzwinz
05-11-06, 10:25 PM
So Ace, do I need an E-ticket when I get out there Sat. a.m.? :thumbsup:

rand49er
05-11-06, 10:43 PM
Went for a ride with Ace in his new maggied zo6 :eek: , my car does not
move like that :tisk: . I know, I know the weight !! but still verry impresive.:worship:

GOOD LUCK ACE :thumbsup:Geez, given your mods, I just can't imagine! WOW! :eek:

DILLIGAF
05-11-06, 11:12 PM
Side by side race him from a roll,you will be surprised.I have a buddy with a z06,vettes feel fast as hell,it's that closer to the ground thing I think.I'm sure that vette will kill you, but you will hang with it better than you think.Let us know

2003RC51
05-12-06, 12:03 AM
And cars always feel faster from the passenger seat. Atleast thats how it usualy feels to me.

atdeneve
05-12-06, 05:51 AM
I second that (cars feeling faster from the passenger seat thing), though I don't doubt that a maggied Z06 would be a hoot to drive.

Vendetta-V-
05-12-06, 05:56 AM
Side by side race him from a roll,you will be surprised.I have a buddy with a z06,vettes feel fast as hell,it's that closer to the ground thing I think.I'm sure that vette will kill you, but you will hang with it better than you think.Let us know

Regardless, it's a 10-second ride.

CTSV05
05-12-06, 02:03 PM
I concur, a car always feels faster when you are not in control of it.

Either way, I'm sure it was a blast.

1badcady
05-12-06, 02:18 PM
We'll have to get together for a couple of rolls, one off second, one off
third. lets see what happens.

diverdan
05-12-06, 02:31 PM
Having owned a basically stock 2002 Z06 and now an 2005 CTS-V, I have to say there is no comparison, acceleration wise. The Z-06 is significantly faster. It still amazes me how long it would spin those 295 18" tires in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.
This is not to say the CTS-V is without merit or that it isn't fast, it's just the Z06 is lighter and more aerodynamic (and has a tougher rear end). Competently driven, a stock C-5 Z06 should be about equal or slightly faster to a maggied and tuned CTS-V. I'd put the CTS-V on par with a base C-5, acceleration-wise. C6 Z06? Attach a Saturn-V rocket to the CTS-V for parity. :D

I loved my Z06 and will get another, eventually, but the CTS-V is a great car. Fast, fun and much more practical that the Z: Something I need at this point.

stkshkr
05-12-06, 06:15 PM
"Competently driven, a stock C-5 Z06 should be about equal or slightly faster to a maggied and tuned CTS-V."

I have raced several C5 Z06's at the strip and have beaten them all. I purposely try to line up with them.

ace996
05-12-06, 06:22 PM
:eek: Well, well, well...
Word doesn't take long, now does it?..:bouncy:

I took my new baby, my dream car, home on Wednesday morning. 2002 Electron Blue with Red/Black interior (I was doubtfull that I'd like the red/black interior, but it actually looks pretty sharp). It had 7238miles on it, and was in...how should I put it...pristine condition!!! It has chrome Z06 rims on it...not my choice, but a set of CCW Classics are planned. The Maggie was installed by the Vette Doctors one year ago and the stock tires still have 75% tread left. Some of the many mods: Baer Eradispeed rotors (drilled/slotted) and Hawk HPS pads help with the deceleration. Boost gauge and AFR gauge are mounted on the left A-pillar, as well as a mini-shift light. Breathless Vortex intake feeds the maggie. 2004 Z06 "Nurburgring" shocks (updated for 2004).

I figure he spent about $65K building that car. What are 7238 miles worth? I paid him $35K...:highfive:

It has done nothing but amaze me ever since. Now, the weather hasn't been on my side...rain, drizzles...but I've hit a few dry patches and had to spend an hour or so pulling my nuts out of my gut from the accelerative-Gs!!!! I swear it's faster than my Ducati...(shameless plug - currently for bid on Ebay...2001 Red 996)

The car is running 8-8.5lbs of boost (3" pulley is roughly equivalent to the 2.6" of the V's pulley), as 1badcady watched as the hammer was dropped. The car dynod 475rwhp/485rwtq...on a conservative tune...:highfive: There's TPIS headers mated to the stock cats and stock Z06 titanium cat-back. I think I might need to take out the stock cats and install some high-flow units.

I ordered the East Coast Supercharging's AlkyControl meth injection kit, not to make more power, to add another level of safety over the already conservative tune. Really, I may just install a 3.2" pulley to drop the boost some, as the future of this car is for autox and track-days....I don't drag race.

It'll drive all day as a comfortable commuter, no issues...no driveability problems. The shocks also feel phenomenal...smoother than the FG2s of the V. I'm very impressed with the civility of the Z.

When I have a few moments of good weather, I'll take a few pics....then we'll do those roll-ons...
-ace

ace996
05-12-06, 06:27 PM
"Competently driven, a stock C-5 Z06 should be about equal or slightly faster to a maggied and tuned CTS-V."

I have raced several C5 Z06's at the strip and have beaten them all. I purposely try to line up with them.

I think the stockZ/Maggied V comparo comes down to the key word of "competitively driven". GM Performance stripped the Z06 at Englishtown and broke under 12seconds....so it's a driver's race.

I'll tell you, though, it's really ridiculous what these cars can do....ludacris, even.

-ace

stkshkr
05-12-06, 06:37 PM
Ace
Your Z was a hell of a deal and it sounds like it'll be a killer:thumbsup:

ace996
05-12-06, 08:05 PM
Ace
Your Z was a hell of a deal and it sounds like it'll be a killer:thumbsup:

Thanks, man...we'll see how it does at the autox...
-ace

thebigjimsho
05-13-06, 06:14 PM
Thanks, man...we'll see how it does at the autox...
-aceKeep us abreast of your autox scehdule. I'd like to make my way down and join.

ace996
05-13-06, 09:41 PM
Keep us abreast of your autox scehdule. I'd like to make my way down and join.

Good to hear you'll come down, Jim. Funny thing, there's the SCCA event tomorrow...but with the "auto-excitement" I've put my wife through this past week, I'm spending Mother's Day with her and my son.

There's a BMW autox scheduled later this month at the Nassau Colliseum, I'll let you know when I check the details.

Be good,
ace