: NO more Super CTS V

csp3000
05-11-06, 04:12 PM
:crying2: I was praying that the general would make this one Now we all have to wait for the next gen CTS V comes out whenever that will be...:mad: 2009 2010 or so..... bye LS7 for now
http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/.ee911e8

thebigjimsho
05-11-06, 04:16 PM
Hooray!!!

Florian
05-11-06, 04:21 PM
details please......

F

csp3000
05-11-06, 04:24 PM
details please......

F

austin
05-11-06, 04:33 PM
No surprise here..... With gas prices going up daily.

V-Smooth
05-11-06, 04:36 PM
:mad:

dqw1
05-11-06, 05:09 PM
Guess what's the Super V is? A V + Maggie.
I goota get her.

BadCad
05-11-06, 06:31 PM
Too bad - guess I'll have to hang on to my V. The next gen CTS doesn't really appeal to me based on pix I've seen so far; the Super V would've motivated me to seriously consider a trade up.
btw - that Karl Bruer of Edmunds.com is a complete, ignorant dick with his article... what a joke.

Devil_concours
05-11-06, 09:31 PM
i bet you 10 bucks that it was rear diff that sealed the deal. LOL

DILLIGAF
05-11-06, 09:59 PM
Only time will tell if this is true.A super V is not in my budget anyway,I do hope a total redesign will help our resale in 2 years.Thats the only way to close the gap on the big hits these cars have now.I'd like to think in 3 years my car is worth the same as today.

Koooop
05-11-06, 11:43 PM
Auto week made the comment that the next generation V would have a Northstar. :vomit:

I sure hope they are wrong, I like having TWO CORVETTES! I can buy any Euro import if I want some overhead cams. I love the grunt of a pushrod V8 and I really, really don't like the Northstar, I'm just not a fan.

Koooop
05-11-06, 11:48 PM
Only time will tell if this is true.A super V is not in my budget anyway,I do hope a total redesign will help our resale in 2 years.Thats the only way to close the gap on the big hits these cars have now.I'd like to think in 3 years my car is worth the same as today.

The only redesign that helps maintain resale value is when BMW puts out a new body style but doesn't have the M car ready yet. The old body style M holds it's value until the New M hits the street.

It could happen to the V I suppose, (about the same time pigs fly outta my ASS). I don't think our V's will be worth what they are today for many decades.

Enjoy your car.

Roupin
05-12-06, 04:29 AM
It's a shame. That car would have been a real fighter. LS7 Caddy :alchi:

MStoehrer
05-12-06, 09:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article seems to point out that there will be no super V for the current body style of the V. I never thought that Cadillac would release an upgraded V with the current body style. I still think that we may get a surprise when the new body style comes out.

csp3000
05-12-06, 10:49 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article seems to point out that there will be no super V for the current body style of the V. I never thought that Cadillac would release an upgraded V with the current body style. I still think that we may get a surprise when the new body style comes out.

They were possablly going to relese upgraded first generation CTS V with the LS7 from mid 07 to 08 but now they are scrapping and waiting for the next generation CTS V which will prob come out about a year or two after the intro of the new CTS so look for the new V in 2009 or 2010 with prob the LS9 SC 6.3 which makes about 600hp or the LS7 at 505 HP but I read something that GM really wants to use the LS9 with the new platform

V-Smooth
05-12-06, 11:01 AM
LPE can put the LS7 in the V for us...

moldowan
05-12-06, 07:47 PM
They were possablly going to relese upgraded first generation CTS V with the LS7 from mid 07 to 08 but now they are scrapping and waiting for the next generation CTS V which will prob come out about a year or two after the intro of the new CTS so look for the new V in 2009 or 2010 with prob the LS9 SC 6.3 which makes about 600hp or the LS7 at 505 HP but I read something that GM really wants to use the LS9 with the new platform

If you think by 2009 with the way gas prices are going GM will release a 600 HP V8 engine in the cts-V I will pay for your car!!!!:eek:
By the year 2009 the mfgr's will be back stepping to lower hp and better fuel economy engines in a HUGE way! except for bmw and MB of course.
Just My 2 bits worth
-moldy

JOEYCTS-V
05-12-06, 08:40 PM

Is that a sentence?? :bigroll: I'd really love to know where everyone gets this stuff from. There have been rumors going around about the LS7 for awhile now. Way back when I had my friend who does vehicle testing for the GM High performance division ask the Caddy guys if the LS7 would be put into the V and they said it was never a thought and that NO, it will not be put in the 07/08 V's.

BeagleBrains
05-12-06, 09:49 PM
I don't understand referencing gas prices in consideration of buying a performance car? It you want an econobox, don't buy a Hummer. If you want your vehicle to hall (one thing or another), buy it for what it was designed. Fuel consumed must be proportional to the work done.
Just like the new wind about raising pickup EPA Milage standards. You won't have any work trucks that are capable of what they need to be designed for; Halling stuff! Now, that will keep the prices of used one ton pickups up there, when there is no viable replacement that will actually hall a ton of stuff. When I purchase a vehicle, I want it to hall gass.
When a Super CTS V is built, I will take the new car (every new car) buyer's depreciation hit gladly.

csp3000
05-12-06, 11:27 PM
Is that a sentence?? :bigroll: I'd really love to know where everyone gets this stuff from. There have been rumors going around about the LS7 for awhile now. Way back when I had my friend who does vehicle testing for the GM High performance division ask the Caddy guys if the LS7 would be put into the V and they said it was never a thought and that NO, it will not be put in the 07/08 V's.

This is one of the places that i have heard about the Super CTS V. The photos of the car did look pretty close to production and if you read it edmunds tells a couple of cool things about the car including the LS7 would be put in the V http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=109332

Here is the other bit of info that i found just recent that gives the ax to the project

Granted Joey i dont have a friend at GM HP division so i could be wrong but i am just going on what i have read about. It has been the same story on a dozen of other forums and websites.:hmm:

urbanski
05-13-06, 07:28 AM
i heard teh super V will have a 10L v-12 sourced from audi:alchi:

erp2863
05-13-06, 07:46 AM
This will end up just like the Blue Devil. On and off a million times. Only time will tell if they offer it.