: Power door locks and reading light problem

$gmillionaire
05-11-06, 12:06 PM
Hello all,
My wife was driving my 95 Fleetwood and she said that in the midst of errands the locks stopped cycling when she shifted in and out of park and the reading lights are all remaining on. Any suggestions so I can be on the fast track when she arrives home?

Thanks

$gmillionaire
05-11-06, 12:34 PM
It should be noted that the battery is on the older side. Could that have a bearing? All the door locks cycle both manually and with the key chain.
S

caddycruiser
05-11-06, 12:53 PM
That's weird. After getting my '95 back from a repair, the power mirrors were dead and when I would hit an interior power lock button, the interior chime woudl ring but the doors wouldn't lock or unlock--worked manually though, and the remote still worked.

My issue was a blown fuse...but I'm not sure if that might be yours or not. Still might be worth checking.

brougham
05-11-06, 07:10 PM
What do you mean that the reading lights are all remaining on? Do you mean all the interior lights or just the reading lights? Because if you mean all the lights then there's probably a broken door switch and the car thinks there's a door open.

$gmillionaire
05-13-06, 04:45 PM
What do you mean that the reading lights are all remaining on? Do you mean all the interior lights or just the reading lights? Because if you mean all the lights then there's probably a broken door switch and the car thinks there's a door open.

I thought of this but the idiot light is not burning. It is all interior lights that are on. Thank you for your time......
Steve