: It is now May 11th, 2006.

Benzilla
05-10-06, 11:43 PM
And my Phaeton isin't here yet :(

To those of you who don't know, I just bought a '79 Coupe Develle Phaeton that looks almost exactly like the one in the "May 11th 1980" scene in the movie "Goodfellas". so I was hoping to have the car by May 11th, because that would be cool... to me anyway :) But it's not here because of the shipping company, right now the car is in California, and I'm in Tennessee. I already paid for it , so at least its mine, I just wish it was here.

Heres a pic of the one in the movie:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/591.jpg

70eldo
05-11-06, 06:58 AM
There will be another May 11 next year ;)

But I am sorry you have to go through this! I hope it will be cleared soon and will be shining in front of your door!

Elvis
05-11-06, 09:09 AM
Is that the scene where he was running away from the helicopter?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-11-06, 09:44 AM
Yeah thats the scene wheres he running away from the helicopter.

Ben, since you don't have the '79, just recreate the scene in your '83! It's close enough!

Jesda
05-11-06, 01:27 PM
:( :( :(

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-11-06, 01:30 PM
I'm surprised no one has uploaded that scene on here so we could enlighten those who've never seen Goodfellas.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-11-06, 02:59 PM
there is someone who hasnt seen goodfellas ?

i thought that movie came in the glove box of every cadillac made ....

Benzilla
05-11-06, 05:05 PM
Well today sucked haha. it rained half the day off and on, so it was to ugly and grey outside to have any crack head related fun... But I did go to the store to get some stuff to make dinner, so I took the '83 and had jump into the fire, memo from turner, and monkey man playing :) well, better luck next year I guess haha.

And I'll be lucky if the Phaeton gets here by june at this rate! The worst part is that I already paid for shipping, if hadden't done that I could just get a flight out there and drive it back, have it home in five days tops.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-11-06, 05:07 PM
Memo From Turner was in that movie too?

Goddamn! That was a super rare song that the Stones never released!

Benzilla
05-11-06, 05:10 PM
Yeah right after he drops off the guns.. or not. at jimmy's place. and before he almost wrecks the caddy. then magic bus by the who is playing.

I made the WHOLE soundtrack, every song.... anybody want to buy a copy?

CoupeDevilleRob
05-11-06, 08:12 PM
I guess you aren't going to Queens to drop the guns off at Jimmy's? And you can forget about that meeting with the Pittsburg guys. At least you don't have to drive Lois to Rockaway to get her lucky hat. (I have seen that movie way too many times, I need a life.)

Benzilla
05-11-06, 08:18 PM
I think we have a lot in common lol :D

Night Wolf
05-11-06, 09:14 PM
And my Phaeton isin't here yet :(

To those of you who don't know, I just bought a '79 Coupe Develle Phaeton that looks almost exactly like the one in the "May 11th 1980" scene in the movie "Goodfellas". so I was hoping to have the car by May 11th, because that would be cool... to me anyway :) But it's not here because of the shipping company, right now the car is in California, and I'm in Tennessee. I already paid for it , so at least its mine, I just wish it was here.

Heres a pic of the one in the movie:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/591.jpg

Heh, just realized that car has no hood ornament....

ah yes... I remember all the talking about it... I was sooo happy... I was watching that part, then got in my '79 and drove it around..... I miss that car...

77CDV
05-11-06, 09:40 PM
Has the shipping co. explained the delay, or was this part of the deal (I'm guessing not)? If the car is in the LA area, I'd be happy to take a peak for you.

Craig

Benzilla
05-11-06, 10:34 PM
Well, the latest thing they said it that as of April 30th, they would get back with me within 10 days, not counting weekends, so that makes this(the 11th) the 9th day, so they still might get back with me tomorrow... but I don't think that will happen. Originaly they said it would only take 5 days, then on the 6th day they said ten, so who knows what they'll pull next. The thing is, their a big trucking company that uses the "car trucks" that they bring new cars on... so they have to wait 'till they have a truckload of cars going from California to Tennessee... that could take months!!!

The car is in Ventura California, a little north of L.A., probably a little out of your way. it would be great if you could go look at it, but I could never ask you to if you had to drive a long way :)

77CDV
05-11-06, 10:39 PM
Well, the latest thing they said it that as of April 30th, they would get back with me within 10 days, not counting weekends, so that makes this(the 11th) the 9th day, so they still might get back with me tomorrow... but I don't think that will happen. Originaly they said it would only take 5 days, then on the 6th day they said ten, so who knows what they'll pull next. The thing is, their a big trucking company that uses the "car trucks" that they bring new cars on... so they have to wait 'till they have a truckload of cars going from California to Tennessee... that could take months!!!

The car is in Ventura California, a little north of L.A., probably a little out of your way. it would be great if you could go look at it, but I could never ask you to if you had to drive a long way :)

Ben,

Ventura happens to be a 15 minute drive from my house (I'm in Ventura County and Ventura is, funnily enough, the county seat). If you'd like, I don't mind popping up, give me an excuse to drive the 77 (like I need one:bouncy: ). Let me know.

Craig

Benzilla
05-11-06, 10:45 PM
Ok, I'll go find out exactly where it is to see it it would really be that close, hold on.

Benzilla
05-11-06, 10:57 PM
Ok, um If you want to it would be great for you to go look at it. I can't find the exact location right now because its sort of late my time. But I could find it in the morning and tell you. Plus I'll need your last name so I can tell the guy that I bought it from whos coming to look at it, by the was his name is Don. I guess I can send you a P.M. with the location in the morning. or you can send me your Email address, that might be easier haha. when do you think you could go look at it?

BTW, your a saint. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-12-06, 09:40 AM
I was watching that part, then got in my '79 and drove it around..... I miss that car...

Forget the STS/ Eldorado and buy another '79! :)

77CDV
05-12-06, 01:44 PM
Forget the STS/ Eldorado and buy another '79! :)

When was Rick thinking of an STS/Eldo?