: Survey Results- Finally

ctsvett
05-10-06, 11:07 PM
Guys,
Sorry it took so long, I have been kinda busy. The survey 5 results are posted now. I still need to clean up some of the graphs, but with whats up there now, you will get the idea...

Some interesting results here. What surprised me:

only 17% have a ticket in the V (much less than I expected).
more people are reporting tranny shifting issues than diff replacements.
The "would you buy again" has dropped a bit from previous surveys
Less people than expected (8 %) claim that a warranty claim was denied by GM (I would have thought more...)

anyway, go to http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/survey/ for the full results...

Reed

VelieVer ttt
05-11-06, 12:23 AM
Great job!

1MEANV
05-11-06, 01:07 AM
interesting

50 4Ever
05-11-06, 01:14 AM
Interesting results:thumbsup:

Silver Dollar
05-11-06, 01:20 AM
Thanks a lot. This really helps me in my decision to purchase.

nikon
05-11-06, 08:18 AM
jebus, look at the anual income!....no wonder so many people have blowers on their ride. :thumbsup:

rand49er
05-11-06, 09:44 AM
Great work, Reed. Keep refining it; excellent information.

And, "thanks" to all those who took the time to provide the data! :thumbsup:

Kadonny
05-11-06, 10:23 AM
Hot damn! Thanks Reed, what great results.

With all the bitching done here, it is really nice to see such a high percentage of people satisfied with their cars.

Davidstan
05-11-06, 12:16 PM
Reed, Excellent work. we appreciate it!

arr0gant
05-11-06, 12:56 PM
Wow, awsum survey!!:thumbsup:

Aresuu
05-11-06, 01:15 PM
Thanks Reed!
Interesting and entertaining info.
Your site is an incredible resource.

All you guys that have used something from the faq and not yet contributed (data, pictures, mod tech or at least a bit of cash)...

SHAME ON YOU! :mad:

And sign the registry when you're there. :thumbsup:

PneuBird
05-11-06, 01:33 PM
Excellent job as always Reed!!!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated from all of us!!! :highfive:

mostoyzwinz
05-11-06, 02:29 PM
Nice job, especially the graphs. I missed out. How does one get in on future surveys?

SwampFox
05-11-06, 04:30 PM
Thanks Reed.
Great Work!!

ctsvett
05-11-06, 04:58 PM
Nice job, especially the graphs. I missed out. How does one get in on future surveys?
I usually post here asking people to fill in the surveys and send it out in the newsletter.... I will make it sticky next time...

There will be another one in july/august... let me know if you have any specific questions you want answered that are not already included:

Example:
next time there will be a "are you the first owner or did you buy used" question....

Anyone have any ideas? I cant promise anything, but I will try...

Reed

mostoyzwinz
05-11-06, 09:40 PM
1. did u dyno after mods?
2. turn your own wrench?
3. how much spent on mods?
4. considering the large % >$120k p.a., 1 or 2 more income brackets above that...never mind, that might depress me.
5. self employed?
6. how many motor vehicles do you own?
7. if answer to 2. above is yes, how many fingers do you have left?

lasstss
05-11-06, 10:22 PM
Reed, thats pretty outstanding and a clear image of the V situation in the US. Great job. Speaking of which, I also need a new one.. Perhaps someone needs help??:thumbsup:

Jschmank
05-11-06, 10:41 PM
this survey is really excellent. It is interesting to see that the survey results seem more positive than what you would think it would be from reading the posts.

Geno
05-12-06, 08:23 AM
Good work as usual Reed. How did I miss out on the survey?:confused:

ctsvett
05-12-06, 02:39 PM
thanks guys for the comments...

Some good suggestions... I will add those to the list...

geno, No idea how you missed out.. maybe you should READ THE FORUM MORE!! HAHAHA

Reed

CVP33
05-12-06, 11:35 PM
I still don't appreciate the two part question.

Have you bought another 4 door performance sedan?
a) Bonneville GXP
b) Maserati Quattroporte
c) BMW M5
d) 300c SRT8

If you answered "d" are you:
a) Homosexual
b) Hermaphrodite
c) Trans-gender
d) Transexual
e) All of the above

I thought you were better than that Reed! :tisk: That's it, I quit again! :thehand:

ctsvett
05-13-06, 05:09 PM
notice the answers on that question was overwhelmingly "E"...

Reed

daytripper
05-22-06, 12:19 PM
Once again, nice job on the survey.

Next time how about some more subjective questions for owners on what they'd like to see improved on future CTS-V, with multiple choice answers, such as: more power, better transmission/differential, more refinement, better interior matls, better interior features, better exterior styling, more distinction between V and non-V models, etc.

I'd like to hear what current owners want out of the next V.

Thanks again, Reed.

Brian R.

guyspat
05-22-06, 07:13 PM
Interesting stuff especially the demographic information that is very close to the Cadillac sales training information you have posted on your site.

Do you think the folks at Cadillac are looking at the surveys. I hope they are.

ctsvett
05-22-06, 07:23 PM
people at cadillac ARE looking...

I had a free response on the last survey about what improvements... check survey 3 or 4...

Reed

Ziplicon Tuesday
05-22-06, 07:28 PM

Reed

Yeah and I intend this as a compliment, but only CP (Chris?) could pull that off.

CVP33
05-22-06, 07:35 PM
Yeah and I intend this as a compliment, but only CP (Chris?) could pull that off.

Technically "something" would have to be "pulled off". :eek:

BadCad
05-22-06, 08:05 PM
You mean people who buy a 300C SRT8 aren't any of those in "E"?
Damn... you learn somethin' new everyday! Imagine that...

ctsvett
05-22-06, 11:27 PM
Ironically, I was invited to a focus group tonight on cadillac service satisfaction (oh, the irony!)... Involved cadillac corporate and penske (local dealership)

I think they were asking questions that were GETTING at the issues, the BIGGEST problem was that I was the only one under 45 and the only one with a V (everyone else had pre 2002 sts's or newer Escalades). They were asking about the service area and donuts, etc. I had to point out that I dont care what they wear, but that my car gets fixed properly and no BS about aftermarket parts or normal condition! Everyone did hit on the fact that they want it fixed right the first time. However, too much talk about rental cars and chairs.

Ironically, someone with an escalade actually told a story about how the dealer blamed aftermarket wheels on a noise, and 6 months later there was an axle recall that fixed the noise... I think they got the issue..

Dear Cadillac,
Please focus less on what the Service Advisor is wearing, how comfortable the waiting room chairs are (there was a 15 minute conversation on this) and more about fixing my F'in car the first time and fixing it right.

Love,

Reed

mostoyzwinz
05-23-06, 07:37 AM
Dear Cadillac,
Please focus less on what the Service Advisor is wearing, how comfortable the waiting room chairs are (there was a 15 minute conversation on this) and more about fixing my F'in car the first time and fixing it right.

....and giving feedback to the design engineers so they can do an RCA, 5 Why, issue a CAR....or whatever quality/lean system is in today at GM....so these problem don't show up in production...and my driveway.

rand49er
05-23-06, 08:20 AM
Reed: I've often been curious about the people here on the forum who have problems and those who don't seem to as a function of their driving style or habits.

Would it be possible to ask a (subjective) question about driving style, for example, What is your normal take off style? Answ: 1) Track it a lot, 2) Launch it hard nearly every time from a standstill, 3) Usually run thru gears pretty hard, 4) Just stay with traffic, 5) Keep revs low, skip shifts, and get into 6th by 40 MPH or less most of the time.

Well, these may need a little tweaking (okay, okay, a lot of tweaking!), but the intent would be to correlate the answers here with the prevalence of problems, especially drivetrain-related ones. This would seem to lead to: Can GM make a car that stands up to a spirited driving style for which it's suppose to be designed? Plus, a further question would be: Can this then be compared to similar data for the M3/M5 and other car crowd or do they have similar driving-style related issues?

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

mostoyzwinz
05-23-06, 10:04 AM
Rand - good questions. It would be interesting to hear from GM on what they designed the car to handle....considering they tout it as a 4.6 sec. 0-60 vehicle. Seems on the driveline side they just took the Vette engineers engine but didn't get their input on the balance of the drivetrain.

BTW - I have no tranny or diff problems* (I frequently launch pretty hard) ...just the wheel hop, clunk, enormous drivetrain slack, and chunky shifting.
*I'll probably shoot myself for saying that someday. :bang2: