: What is my 90 Brougham worth asking for?

90Brougham350
05-10-06, 04:46 PM
Trying to get a rough idea in my head, what would you guys think she would sell for?

1990 Brougham 5.7 Towpackage

350 TBI 136,xxx - Engine in pristine condition, doesn't burn oil, excellent compression, and new ignition parts (coil, module, cap + rotor, plugs, wires, etc.) Overall very well maintained and clean. Initial timing at 10*, running 91 or better octane.

Re-built 700-R4 and torque convertor 4,000 miles ago, ATRA certified, beefed-up input drum and a few other parts. Still has 4 months left on the warranty. New trans-cooler lines, higher than factory shift-points, enormous Permacool trans cooler.

80,000 mile grand-turing tires, with about 40-50,000 miles left easily.

Brand new Bilsteins front and rear, Brand new heavy duty tow springs in rear.

Body in excellent shape no rust, you all know what she looks like. Just needs a little elbow grease to get her smooth. Vinyl top in mint condition, and well cared-for.

All glass original and in great condition. Chrome as well.

Power antenna motor broke, but antenna is up. All other electronic features and gizmos on the vehicle work perfectly, including windows, locks, trunk, etc.

Orion 2-channel amp and Pioneer 6x9 4-way speakers in rear, Blaupunkt 4x6's up front, Blaupunkt CD player in glovebox, original radio left in dash.

Underbody / gas tank coated in POR-15.

Oh, and a new hood ornament!

Anything else I can think of, I'll post it.

What would you guess?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-10-06, 05:45 PM
$4500 rough estimate.

You sellin 'er? I'd buy if I had money...

90Brougham350
05-10-06, 05:57 PM
The call of a 77-79 or a 94-96 is always in the back of my mind....:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-10-06, 06:01 PM
I'll give you that number for that '94 Fleetwood I saw last friday.

mharker
05-11-06, 12:03 PM
I am semi in-market right now for a 5.7 here in Toronto. So I'll share my insight.

Seems to me like there are 3 categories.

Dogs that nobody wants (under $2K)
"in-between cars" that still have life left ($2K-$5K)
Original low mileage cars in excellent shape ($5K to sometimes ridiculous prices)

Unfortunately your mileage is too high to be in the top category (there are many low milers out there) therefore I would suspect you have an in-between car. If you could find a buyer who understood the value of work and maintenance done, you should be able to sell at the higher end of the range in your category.

Being in a low population center can help you... or hurt you, depending on what else is available and who else is in market.

Myself I am torn between getting an in-between or a nice original. Depends how business goes next few months I guess.

Maybe you should just keep it. I know the pain of these low value cars. Got around $15K "invested" in my 68 sdv, it's appraised at $8K, and if I had to sell in a hurry I'd be lucky to get $4K.