: Contemplating purchaing a CTS-V, DFW area

Silver Dollar
05-10-06, 05:46 AM
After researching I've come to two conclusions:

1) Everyone loves the car's abilities but a some would love it a lot more if the differential wasn't junk.

2) For a few, the fact that the differntial it is junk, combined with poor customer service is enough to make them regret their purchase.

All other issues are minor.

I'll be visiting a dealership soon to beging the process. If I do decide to purchase, I want to make sure that the dealer I buy from is responsive (just in case I need 5 differentials during the first 6 months, 'cause I plan to drive the crap out of it).

Bottom line: Do any of you folks in the DFW area have any dealers you'd recommend I visit.......or stay away from?

David W. Bailey
05-10-06, 06:11 AM
Silver Dollar:

I have an 04 black V and I do love the car, but it has had some fairly serious issues, and I have not even had the differential problem yet. The relatively low price of the car, plus the great local service here, have offset any bad feelings about the car. Also, AMG and M Power cars are not immune to these problems either. In fact, Mercedes is now in the Consumer Reports reliability doghouse.

Then, there are little things like no spare tire, and a somewhat cheap interior. Despite all of this, I love the car and hope that it is reliable in the long term, so I can keep it for years. One thing that does bother me though, I have driven my V fairly easy, compared to what I have read on this board. I wonder what problems I would have had, if I had driven her hard!

If I had it to do over again, I would probably buy the STS V-8 (not V). I realize that they are as different as night and day!

Buy a new V, without a trade, and you will get a great price, that will help you make the decision.

thefly
05-10-06, 08:51 AM
sewell at love field was top notch. bought an 06 with a trade able to get retail on mine and wholesale on theirs. my car was on its way to their san antonio store, so i drove an sts around for 2 weeks. pm me if you want my salesman's info.

also i wasn't sure whether i wanted an 05 or 06 so they let me drive an 05 used and 06 back to back...

erp2863
05-10-06, 10:28 AM
Want to take over my GMAC lease? 2005 black/black with sunroof, perfect condition, 9k miles. There are 31 months and 39k miles left on the lease. That's 1250 miles a month you can drive. $680/mo with gap insurance. I'm in Austin.

Eric
erp2863@yahoo.com

V Amazed
05-10-06, 12:50 PM
Sewell has given me new half-shafts and a new differential. The trade off is they beat the shit out of your car when its in service. Very irresponsible. When I had 3000 miles on my car, I took it in to get new half shafts, and it came back with bald tires. They also stole my Led Zeppelin IV CD out of disc spot 6. (Gotta play Rock and Roll when doing spirited driving). They're very personable, but their techs will rape your car if you have it in for service.

Ben

thefly
05-10-06, 01:35 PM
Sewell has given me new half-shafts and a new differential. The trade off is they beat the shit out of your car when its in service. Very irresponsible. When I had 3000 miles on my car, I took it in to get new half shafts, and it came back with bald tires. They also stole my Led Zeppelin IV CD out of disc spot 6. (Gotta play Rock and Roll when doing spirited driving). They're very personable, but their techs will rape your car if you have it in for service.

Ben

downtown or in grapevine? last time i told them when i dropped it off not to drive it off the lot. and turned on tracking.

V Amazed
05-10-06, 04:29 PM
downtown or in grapevine? last time i told them when i dropped it off not to drive it off the lot. and turned on tracking.

Lemon Ave. Location. There was an interesting post on the "other" forums about them beating them up and doing donuts in the back lot. I'm still not quite sure whether I will continue to have mine serviced there or not.

Ben

DILLIGAF
05-10-06, 04:47 PM
I'm in KS and looked no other place but your area.One difference,I didn't want to buy from a dealer.Texas seems to be full of car guys and nice high performance cars.I bought my car from a car guy,did an in an out at his dealer buddys car lot.20,000 miles later,still love the car,stock diff here and have had a maggie on for 15,000 or so miles.Check the paper and the classifieds here.

Closer_2001
05-10-06, 09:22 PM
I may be interested in selling my 05, 12k miles with 06 Diff, new Supercars. I just moved from Dallas to Houston, but can deliver the car to you. After spending 10 yrs Dallas - I would also second the Sewell positive feedback.

Shoot me an email: erictornwall@gmail.com

*** I'm interested in trades ***

Silver Dollar
05-11-06, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the responses fellas.

I have a couple of more questions.

When do the '07 models hit the show room and do we anticipate any significant changes or improvements?

If memory serves, the '05 had the LS6 and the '06 had the LS2. Are there any appreciable differences in the two?

And just a little background. Due to relatives who work for GM I'm eligible for for the GMS plan which makes buying new attarctive, plus there will be no trade in.