: Couple small questions about the Phaetons

Benzilla
05-09-06, 11:50 PM
Yeah, so, I just got a '79. I already know all the big stuff like:

"The Phaeton top was suppose to reflect styling reminiscent of the classic Cadillac convertible, right down to authentic-looking welts and stitching. The Phaeton coupe featured reduced quarter windows, plus a brushed chrome moulding with flush-mounted opera lamps and Cadillac crest. Phaeton script could be found on each rear quarter panel as identification. The car also featured wire wheel discs, accent striping, 45/55 dual comfort seats and leather seating surfaces with a matching leather trimmed steering wheel. The custom Phaeton sedan was similar to the Phaeton coupe in distinctive features. Colors for 1978 were Cotillion White, Platinum or Arizona Beige (with a contrasting top). Pricing was set at $1,929 above the Coupe/Sedan DeVille's $10,444/10,668 base price."

They were made in late 1978 and early 1979 as the "spring special"

In 1979 the colors offered were: Cotillion white(most common), slate gray Firemist, and Western Saddle Firemist(mine). also, in late '79, a crossover color from 1980 was offered in limited quantitys, something like antilope with a brown top.

In 1979 The Phaeton package could be ordered for $2,029 above the Coupe/Sedan DeVille's $11,139/11,493 base price.

What I need to know is what the production numbers were, I heard something like 400 for '78, and about 4100 for '79, I've also heard alot lower numbers, anybody really know?? I'd also like to know anything that might not be listed here, and how many were made in each color, and coupe/sedan. I want to know everything about this car, anything you know would be great, thanks :)

77CDV
05-10-06, 12:36 AM
GM Heritage Center is the only source I can think of that might even have such specific data. You might also try posting your question on the Cadillac-LaSalle Club's message forum.:confused:

BTW, how's the clean-up coming? When will we see new pics? I'm getting restless!:bouncy:

Craig

Benzilla
05-10-06, 01:11 AM
Ok, thanks.

you wanna hear a real pisser? the damn thing hasen't even been shipped yet! I'm dealing with "Car On a Truck" for shipping ever heard of them? their supposed to get back with me within the next three days(its already been 7 days!), then it will take them like a f*cking week to ship it! I'm going crazy thinking about the car, every day I'm thinking about what I want to do for it, but I just have to wait. But I promiss as soon as I get it I will post pics :)