: Locating delayed 12v Accessory wire or relay or fuse to tap in

Twanika
05-09-06, 07:20 PM
I have a 2006 CTS.
I wired a DVD, TV, and bluetooth device to my car. Currently I have located
12V Alway ON,
12V Ignition ON.

My stuff only operates when the car is running.

I want my stuff to operate in the accessory mode.
(meaning while car is off and radio is still on)

Where is a good place to tap in to get +12V delay off.

(+12V delay off is the 12v that stay hot for up to 20 minutes after car is off)
This way the TV will stay on while the engine is off then turn off in 20 minutes or when the door is open.

I need help finding the 12V source wire to tap in or fuse/ fuse panel location to tap in or device in car to splice in. (Wire color , location. etc.)

HELP

heavymetals
05-09-06, 08:24 PM
I posted this before, there is a BROWN wire underneath the dash that is accessible if you lift the steering wheel up all the way.

You can tap in with a Scotch splice.

That is not the "delay" off mode, but the accessory on feed.

LV_V
05-09-06, 11:38 PM
I use this brown wire that heavy mentions for my subwoofer amp turn-on. I, through the help of others on this board, also use the radio power wire that is located under the carpet in front of the passenger side of the rear seat (just pull the seat and look for a big clump of wires and a wiring harness; the radio power is the fat blue wire, can't miss it). Kinda confusing but you get the point. This radio power wire is what I use for the front component speaker amp's turn-on. This way the sub turns off when car turns off/key is removed, but the front speakers continue to play until a door is opened or the radio is manually switched off.

Hope this helps you. I'm not sure if there is a ~20 minute delayed 12v+ accessory wire that is easily accessible. May have to go digging through some manuals over on cadillacfaq.com for that. I spent a ton of time over there looking through wiring harness and speaker wire color info before splicing into the factory wiring for my stereo upgrade.

Good luck! Go Reed!!

Twanika
05-11-06, 01:31 AM
I posted this before, there is a BROWN wire underneath the dash that is accessible if you lift the steering wheel up all the way.

You can tap in with a Scotch splice.

That is not the "delay" off mode, but the accessory on feed.

I could not find the brown wire. I need a better detailed map to find the right brown wire.

heavymetals
05-11-06, 03:08 AM
Lift up the steering adjustment so the wheel is up as far as it will go.

On the right side, there is a big seperation where you can see a bunch of wires that go to the ignition switch.

The brown wire is what you want.

It is a little tight, but I managed to catch it with a Scotch splice.