: Found my V Bleeding this morning

Robby2006
05-09-06, 06:13 PM
Was pulling out the car this morning and to my surprise:bigroll: I found the car bleeding all over the garage floor. Called the dealer to warn him that the car was coming on a flat bed and was gushing blood.

I knew this weekend that it was coming. It was smelling like coolant at times. I already had Friday reserved for new tires in the front. Plus I knew from newest TSB that they changed the raditor again last Nov. This one that blew was just done in Feb.

Also told the dealer to get me the new CD to flash the NAV. He claims he has one on hand, I hope.

My big question is for all that got the reflash from HEAVY, does the old nav disk still works? Or do I need the new one? Or should I demand the whole kit.

Last I heard it should, or they're trying to get it done Friday.

NH Vrod
05-09-06, 06:41 PM
Thats not bleeding, just a runny nose.

heavymetals
05-09-06, 08:36 PM
The old disc works and no reports of any capabilities (watching a DVD or other stuff) being turned off.

The flash should be a warranty thing, but I doubt they will give you a new map disc for free.

Robby2006
05-09-06, 10:04 PM
I wasnt thinking that they will give me the update Nav package under warranty. I would be happy just to get out of the "MI" problem.

Just wanted to make sure that the old map disk would still work.

NIK
05-10-06, 10:37 AM
I wasnt thinking that they will give me the update Nav package under warranty. I would be happy just to get out of the "MI" problem.

Just wanted to make sure that the old map disk would still work.

What is this "MI" problem I hear about every now and then? I've used my NAV to go from PA to NJ (and back) with no problems. Are there some NAV's that wont let you out of MI or what? I also have mine programmed to go to Las Vegas with no problems (if I ever decide to go.) What am I missing? I have an '05.

ewill3rd
05-11-06, 08:01 PM
Sounds like a leaking radiator.

Yes some nav units won't give you directions to locations outside of MI.
I think the nav update kit gives you a new disc, after the update is done.
Most of the CD updates that you do just update the firmware in the radio but your disc goes back in and works just as before, only outside of MI!
It is a warranty repair... good thing too, I understand the Kit is over 400 bucks.

Robby2006
05-11-06, 08:45 PM
Well the radiator was done and the front tires were replaced (had a post on this before). I was going to go into the dealer this coming Friday just for the tires but the bleeding issue started that a few days early.

It went in on Tuesday and was ready Wed. afternoon. All of it complete. They even got the nav update done. Didnt get a new map though....:rolleyes: I wasnt to worried about getting a new map.

I hope that this radiator is the last one. Seems like it took 3 tries with GM to get one right????

I did have one issue that was pause for concern. My wife picked the car up and called me to report that there was 3 paper mats on the floor. That seems funny, I didnt know that it would take three people to test drive the car after repairs???:eek: :tisk: The mats were placed at drivers side, passenger front and rear passenger.

They did a good job of claning up the coolant mess and didnt harm the rims.

Still have a bitter taste of dealing with this dealer. I had to go to them becuase of a strike at the dealer I would have went to.

I will try to find out why it took three people in the car for a radiator change and tire change and nav update...Let you know later what I found out.

ahahnu
05-11-06, 09:32 PM
How many miles extra were on the car when you dropped it off to when you picked it up. I went for a drive with a tech, he said they work 90% with old people. They love to work on our cars. Maybe two guys went for a short ride while they went around the block to be sure it was ok, or....

I have gone from NJ the Hilton Head with Nav. Going to Ohio on next Friday.

Robby2006
05-11-06, 09:48 PM
I forgot to write down the milage when the tow truck came to pick it up. So I dont know how many were put on it.:confused:

heavymetals
05-11-06, 10:15 PM
I will try to find out why it took three people in the car for a radiator change and tire change and nav update...Let you know later what I found out.

Easy

You had three things done by three different people who each had to test drive it. :rolleyes:

Robby2006
05-11-06, 10:29 PM
Well...When you put it that way I guess that could be the cause. :bigroll:

Any bets on if they mention that when I ask them about it.....:rolleyes:

Dennisscars
05-12-06, 01:09 AM
The mats were placed at drivers side, passenger front and rear passenger.

Easy

You had three things done by three different people who each had to test drive it. :rolleyes:

Dang, that was a tall driver.. maybe was Kobe driving from the back seat..:thepan:

ewill3rd
05-12-06, 06:11 PM
The mileage when you dropped off the car and the mileage when they finished the work SHOULD be on the repair order.

Did you tell them there was a rattle noise that could only be heard with 3 people in the car... ;) ?