: Anybody keep their V completely stock?

Poopie D
05-09-06, 04:36 PM
I actually like the car the way it is! Coming out of a heavily modded Mustang GT, that was nowhere close to V in power, it feels kinda nice having a powerfull, bone stock car!

I am sure I will change my mind one day though!! :)

P-Funk
05-09-06, 04:38 PM
Mine is stock right now and I like it. I've only had it for less than a month (1000 miles) but I don't have any plans for mods other than maybe some new rims at this time.

DILLIGAF
05-09-06, 04:44 PM
Whats with the poopieD?It's distracting,poops bad,poop smells,poop is waste,poop turns white when left in the sun for weeks.Not flaming here just curious.Florian and Dannystang have poopie D's

Poopie D
05-09-06, 04:53 PM
Not sure...picked up the name in high school and it has been my Internet name for the better part of 15 years!!!! My last name begins with a "D" and I guess I was always down on things back in the day (not down on the V, that's for sure!)

I only ran into one other guy with the same nick...makes things easy when picking forum names :)

I am sorry you hate it! I am not a bad guy!

V-Smooth
05-09-06, 05:02 PM
Fairly stock here...ordered Kooks headers and connecters, going to put a Corsa cat-back on...stock exhaust note too tame. UUC shifter, damn good upgrade over stock and thinking about replacing that darn Bose sub...the bass just isn't right from that thing. Other than that, not touching engine enternals or other power-adders, might do a StealthV tune though.

BTW, I think my rear diff is leaking fluid already (2000 miles) :thepan: :bigroll:

Poopie D
05-09-06, 05:05 PM
I was considering exhaust before I bought the car but I am not a fan of some of the pipes out there...some look like they are 5+ inches wide! I kinda like the subtleness of the stock V.

V-Smooth
05-09-06, 05:08 PM
I am considering going with the stock cat-back though, the Corsa is $1100 new. Trying to find a slightly used one for less.

51PHFTY
05-09-06, 05:15 PM
Yeah, most of us on here are stock :histeric: Just messing with you.

I think most of us start with "it's fast enough stock" and then the voices start talking to you and the next thing you know, you are in mod hell.

BTW: I got my Corsa for under $1k shipped and I have seen that they have come down since then, keep looking. Also, there are other systems now available that are much less.

Marty

V-Smooth
05-09-06, 05:21 PM
voices, what voices...?:alchi:

Where did you get your Corsa Marty?

Seattle CTS-V
05-09-06, 05:35 PM
You'll get used to the power and shortly after start dropping your credit card number to different vendors for some go-fast goodies! You'll be even more inclined to start modding if you get beat by some teenagers in their Subies.

Once you start though, it's all over!

51PHFTY
05-09-06, 05:44 PM
voices, what voices...?:alchi:

Where did you get your Corsa Marty?

I know I am not the only one that hears them - am I?

I got my Corsa from a vendor on E Bay - I just checked and I didn't recognize any of the Corsas as being from them. I will look through my papers tonight and post if I find who they were. I paid $995.00 shipped. Might want to check on the Magnaflows - cheaper and people seem to like them.

Marty

NH Vrod
05-09-06, 05:48 PM
I am bone stock, would like to start the mods but am not sure if I want to drop 10 g's into it just to have it set at the dealer? Have been looking at Vett's

Staxxin
05-09-06, 05:53 PM
Poopie.... you have to go for the Maggie - it will (I have to say it) make you Poopie :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :

Serioulsy, the stock car is excellent but GM did have some short comings... The short shifter, Hot bars, cat-back - all excellent mods that greatly improve the car in my opinion. Hell, I think GM should offer a supercharged version :thumbsup:

NH Vrod
05-09-06, 05:56 PM
I beleive the XLR has that option.

rand49er
05-09-06, 06:29 PM
Why ANYONE would keep the stock shifter is beyond me. :thehand:

The rest is a hobby.

blown black caddy
05-09-06, 06:40 PM
I resisted the urge for about 2-1/2 weeks! I also had a heavily modded Mustang Cobra. If you modded that car eventually you'll do the V after you've become accustomed to it? :bigroll:

Just don't take a ride in a modded V and you should be okay.:alchi:

Luna.
05-09-06, 06:50 PM
The more someone reads this stinkin' board, the less likely they are to keep their car stock.

This is just an evil board... :lildevil:

Florian
05-09-06, 07:37 PM
Whats with the poopieD?It's distracting,poops bad,poop smells,poop is waste,poop turns white when left in the sun for weeks.Not flaming here just curious.Florian and Dannystang have poopie D's

RP,
I have the poopieD, ManWhoreStang is a powerbottom...and since he's a manwhore, his job is to make my poopieD dirty, then make it clean....hes such a good slave.

F

dqw1
05-09-06, 07:42 PM
I forgot what stock was...

DILLIGAF
05-09-06, 07:49 PM
LOL,sorry for the hijack poop,just trying to flush out a smart asz to play with.

ace996
05-09-06, 07:51 PM
I kinda like the PoopieD... mainly because my 2.5yr old son's nickname at home is PooperNut...or Pooper...or BoogieNut. His real name is Achilles, there's really no "nickname" for that, you know?

-ace

DILLIGAF
05-09-06, 08:08 PM
Poop is growing on me a little,I didn't say I didn't like it,It just takes a little time to stick, like dingleberrystang has stuck to florian at times.

oceanhut
05-09-06, 08:19 PM
Ive had mine for more than 2 years now, and the only thing Ive done is a tune...so, essentially, my car is stock. My last car I did tons of mods too..I was tired of always seeing "check engine" or some other issue or rattle due to an add -on. Its nice to finally drive a car that works... (well, "works" is a strong word for a cts-v, but none of the issues are my fault! haha)

Florian
05-09-06, 08:27 PM
Poop is growing on me a little,I didn't say I didn't like it,It just takes a little time to stick, like dingleberrystang has stuck to florian at times.

When he sticks, I just give him a pink sock. :bouncy:

F

mostoyzwinz
05-09-06, 08:48 PM
Get outtta Dodge now if you want to stay stock. I was content, then joined this forum, and it's all down hill from there. The wish list is coming to reality faster and faster. I thought I'd be happy modding the old iron and two wheeled V version...no such luck. The more you drive, the more you want.

Jschmank
05-09-06, 08:54 PM
My 05 is stock except for CAGS eliminator and chrome rims. Don't intend to add mods at this point, I like it the way it is.

2004ctsv
05-09-06, 09:00 PM
The Corsa will keep you close to stock. Until WOT.

If you get tired of the subdued sound of the Corsa, throw a maggie on with a good tune. :bouncy: Cadillacs shouldn't sound that good.

There is a local dive that the ricers stop at. I love driving through just to lay a deep rumble through the din of their fart pipes. And mine is real - from power not a hollow can that should be on a lawn mower.

Tony

PneuBird
05-10-06, 03:10 AM
STOCK........What's that??? :thepan:

jspridge
05-10-06, 08:08 AM
STOCK........What's that??? :thepan:

Sorry to thread jack - Pneu, I saw you cruising Main Street in Reynoldsburg a few Saturdays ago. Must have made three passes while I was eating at City BBQ with the fam. Car looked great! Were you cruising for chicks or what???

SwampFox
05-10-06, 10:09 AM
iCAGS and UUC (or other short shifter) are a must, but otherwise I love it as is.

PneuBird
05-10-06, 12:06 PM
Jspridge......Glad to see your still around......I wasn't crusin' around......Just blowin' the carbon out!!! :burn:

V Amazed
05-10-06, 04:43 PM
K&N, UUC, and stealth V !CAGS here. I concider all of the aformentioned items stock though.

Ben

mdc
05-10-06, 04:49 PM
Only thing I will ever do to this car has already been done ... CAGs eliminator

I may also installed the XM to Sirius adaptor when it comes out if the reviews are good

I really don't have an interest in anything else

heavymetals
05-10-06, 11:55 PM
Stock?

Are you kidding?

I am down to modding my mods!:thepan:

Luna.
05-11-06, 12:03 AM
Stock?

Are you kidding?

I am down to modding my mods!:thepan:

:histeric:

rand49er
05-11-06, 10:00 AM
:histeric:............:yeah:

Jon
05-11-06, 11:37 AM
My '04 is completely stock. I've gotten rid of the ugly antanae, that's it though.

Davidstan
05-11-06, 12:07 PM
Stock and i'm only planning cags, trash can lid replacement, tint 20%, EFI tune and induction mod. To me the car has funny car torque as it is so i am happy. Would consider the UUC shifter maybe later,,,,wait a minute, i'm heading into mod craziness the more i think about it. Anyway, i do like it stock for sure.

ctsvett
05-11-06, 05:07 PM
there is no reason to keep the car 100% stock....

CAGS and a shifter (uuc or B&M) are essential and should have come from the factory... for under $300 its well worth it...

Reed