: Subwoofer replacement?

P-Funk
05-09-06, 01:35 PM
I'm new here as I've had my V for just under a month. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good free air sub that I could pretty much just switch out with the stock one?

heavymetals
05-09-06, 02:30 PM
I replaced mine with an Infinity sub and a booster amp, but I found I had to remove about 1/4" off the ID of the hole as the frame of the subwoofer would not clear.

Was real fun laying on my back and attacking the hole with a nibbler tool for about a good 45 min.:rant2:

Sitting in the back seat was good for > 180 deg of the hole though.

ssmith100
05-09-06, 03:35 PM
The "search" feature is your friend on this subject. I've posted numerous post on this along with others.

Shane

nikon
05-09-06, 04:37 PM
The "search" feature is your friend on this subject. I've posted numerous post on this along with others.

Shane
your sub install need to be in the FAQ... I want your setup so bad, but Im too afraid to hack away at my decklid, and I still dont know where to pull the inputs for the amp from.

P-Funk
05-09-06, 04:41 PM
:yeah:

ssmith100
05-09-06, 04:46 PM
Nikon,

No hacking required. You do have to remove a brace under the rear decklid but it is very easy. (Drill out about six rivets) If you have any stereo experience what I have done is very simple. Time consuming but simple. Inputs for the amps are right out of the factory Bose amp, very easy also.

Shane

V-Smooth
05-09-06, 04:55 PM
Is there a link to this on the faq? It's peaked my curiosity too...the base from that Bose sub is just not that great...

V-Smooth
05-09-06, 05:25 PM
nevermind, the post is right there on the first page, doh!

nikon
05-09-06, 07:12 PM
Nikon,

No hacking required. You do have to remove a brace under the rear decklid but it is very easy. (Drill out about six rivets) If you have any stereo experience what I have done is very simple. Time consuming but simple. Inputs for the amps are right out of the factory Bose amp, very easy also.

Shane

oh, I thought you had to cut a bunch away then put the MDF in there...in that case all I need is the sub you have, I've already got the 500/1, how high do you have the amp turned up anyways :lildevil: