: might be purchasing an 06 sts V8

lagier
05-08-06, 11:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing an 06 sts V8 rwd. I'm not sure yet if it will be the standard or luxury package. I would like the nav system, VR, etc..., but am hesistant since I've been reading this board for the last hour.

I know I don't have all the info and am hoping someone could point out the things to look for, so I can avoid any pitfalls.

Should I pass on the nav system?
VR?
Also, is the 8-way adjustable seat in the luxury package similar to the BMW 740 seats where the shoulders can be adjusted? That is the car I currently own. I'm sort of tired of BMW's and am really liking the STS.

Thank you.

ascariSTS
05-09-06, 01:25 AM
there are some negatives in both nav and VR... but I find them very useful

adjusting shoulders... sorry but no... it's 8-way seat is the common 8-way you find in E-Class and 530 and GS and many other cars

I don't know whether you have the new BMW or the old one but... going from the top of BMW line to the STS... you will miss some features...

BarryNS
05-09-06, 10:44 AM
I enjoy the way the 2005 STS V8 2WD handles. But there are serious problems with the VR system and the implementation of the NAV system, which although is still useful, but not very user friendly. AFter 1.5 years I still haven't figured it all out. There are many other problems with the implementation of the keyless entry, but not everybody agrees on this forum.

The real problem is that Cadillac Motor Division no longer shows the respect for its customers that used to exist in that they have made no effort to take ownership for the serious VR, Blue-tooth Connectivity and NAV system problems, nor have they made any effort to correct these problems for almost 2 years now. These all were expensive options and GM seems to think we don't mind getting along without them. Although many rear windshields have spontaneously shattered, almost each individual who has complained has had to jump thru all the hoops to get GM to pay for the replacement. I suppose this decreased dealer loyalty to the customer is a result of GM's serious financial problems.

I commend you for taking the time to go thru the archives of this forum before making such an expensive purchase. But try not to let the appearance of the shiny new car cloud your judgement as you read all the complaints.

Personally, if it were me, I would hold out until the 2007 Lexus arrives in a few months and check it out. If you have been following its conception and gestation you would know that the NEW LS460 will come out in a short and Long standard version and a LS600HL long hybrid. Some of the new features are state of the art such as automatic parallel parking. Although the NAV system has been the same Denso System as the STS, Lexus used knowledgeable programmers to implement its features.

I am on my 15th but last Cadillac.

jcapps
05-09-06, 10:09 PM
Sorry I have a question! What is VR as the poster claims he will buy his STS with. I don't know the terminology

Thanks

:eek:

lagier
05-10-06, 12:08 AM
VR = Voice Recognition

Th\:) anks for the replies!

jcapps
05-10-06, 09:21 AM
Thanks, I was lost there for a bit. I just bought n 06 STS V6. It will be in next week. I looked at Mercededs and such, but in the end I had to have a Cadillac.

Good luck with your choice