: Frenchcad Is Asking For Help To Burn Speed Limit...

FRENCHCAD
01-24-04, 04:28 PM
HI GUYS I'M WRITTING FROM FRANCE ,I'VE BOUGHT THIS WEEK A SEVILLE STS 95 AND I'VE TRIED TO GET THE TOP SPEED LIMIT TO SEE WHAT IT WAS ABLE TO DO BUT.....:crybaby:

THE CAR WAS NOT ABLE TO GET MORE OVER 120MPH LIKE 190KMH .I HEARD THAT THERE WAS A SPEED LIMITATOR NOT TO CLASH THE TIRES .:lildevil:
ON MY CAD I'GOT "V" SPEED TIRES SO I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET THE TOP SPEED .CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW TO REGULATE THE LIMIT AND GET THE TOP SPEED......

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE SPEED LIMIT WITHOUT A COMPUTER??????????

I HOPE SOMEBODY 'LL BE ABLE TO HELP ME....
IT 'S QUIET FRUSTRATING TO KNOW YOU CAN DO IT BUT CAN'T DO IT...... :devil: :devil: :devil:

PLEASE ANSWER MY TOPIC....

P.S: FORGIVE MY ENGLISH I'M NOT USED TO WRITE ENGLISH......

156MPH
01-26-04, 01:00 PM
But did it have speed rated tires when it was new? Doing it through the computer is the only way..yes they do go alot faster.Look at my licesne plate. What do you think of my Deville?

97 concours
01-26-04, 04:01 PM
STS with Z rated tires = no speed limiter

STS without Z rated tires = limited to 130 mph

SLS = speed limited to 112 mph

Deville Concours = limited to 130 mph

Deville = speed limited to 112 mph

CognLac
01-27-04, 11:06 AM
But did it have speed rated tires when it was new? Doing it through the computer is the only way..yes they do go alot faster.Look at my licesne plate. What do you think of my Deville?

First off i love your car. i have same year and color. Where did you go for your computer upgrade and how much did it cost? Did upgrading the computer only remove the speedlimiter, or does it adjust shifts and or add hp?

156MPH
01-27-04, 12:13 PM
I had a friend who works at a Cadillac dealer do it.several places do it but you have to send the whole computer......156 on laser .I'll look for a web site

156MPH
01-27-04, 12:14 PM
power stop rotors just added

FRENCHCAD
01-27-04, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys for your precious answers ....156 mph your deville is as beautyfull as hell it looks powerfull....

the answer you gave to me is not far from what i 'had thought .....But schearching accross the web i've found a dealer that is called Fastchip that sells a chip that makes the job it costs 150 us dollars , the problem is that it loks like they just sell their stuff in your country not i mine...In france we 're not a lot to drive Us cars I don't know why butv they are missing something..
For me there is nothing like this in france you can say your car is powerfull when you 'got 110 horses for me and probably for you its' nothing.. but it seems to me that we can drive faster...the car i use every day is able to go to 135mph without any problem even if its only 110horses so when I 've realised That the CAD couldn't go through this it was a deception for me ...

well again thanks a lot and i guess i 'll come back 'round here very often....

now the big part of the job will be to find somebodty able to make this change on the computer.

See ya soon guys

kcnewell
01-27-04, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys for your precious answers ....156 mph your deville is as beautyfull as hell it looks powerfull....

the answer you gave to me is not far from what i 'had thought .....But schearching accross the web i've found a dealer that is called Fastchip that sells a chip that makes the job it costs 150 us dollars , the problem is that it loks like they just sell their stuff in your country not i mine...In france we 're not a lot to drive Us cars I don't know why butv they are missing something..
For me there is nothing like this in france you can say your car is powerfull when you 'got 110 horses for me and probably for you its' nothing.. but it seems to me that we can drive faster...the car i use every day is able to go to 135mph without any problem even if its only 110horses so when I 've realised That the CAD couldn't go through this it was a deception for me ...

well again thanks a lot and i guess i 'll come back 'round here very often....

now the big part of the job will be to find somebodty able to make this change on the computer.

See ya soon guys

You must have bought a car that was a US car and was later shipped privately to Europe. All the European export cars had Z rated tires and no speed limiter to my knowlege.

The Cadillac dealer can reprogram the ECM for the speed limiter I would think. If you can find a Cadillac dealer in your area you should be able to get the prom or have your ECM reprogrammed for the European calibration. That had no speed limiter. If you have Z rated tires on the car then that shouldn't be an issue regarding the reprogramming.