: Summer Time Gas > and It's Not the Charro Beans > Whew!

Chef
05-07-06, 03:12 PM
Yes, tis here in a big way already in our Arizona vista on top of our national declining gas challenges in terms of quality gas. More Eth is not a good.

Question:

I've been playing with a few different Octane Boosts and have yet to find a winner:rant2:

What brands of Octane Boost are you guys playing with especially now that summer is approaching/here?

Thanks in advance,
Chef

DILLIGAF
05-07-06, 08:41 PM
I dump the 104 in my car.I can't get higher than 91 here,and yes that sucks.I am pondering buying a barrel of 110 to mix in with the pump crap.

Luna.
05-08-06, 12:59 PM
Torco is what you want.

kanned
05-08-06, 07:57 PM
http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html

Closer_2001
05-09-06, 12:08 AM
More Eth is not a good.

Ethanol should raise the octane - no ?

ace996
05-09-06, 12:24 AM
You should consider alky/water injection. Running a 50%meth/50%water mix in the spray will cool down your intake temps and raise octane ratings higher than any "in-tank" additives you could find. I've heard talk that octane ratings can go as high as 110 using W/I... pretty good insurance, IMHO.
-ace

ChicagoCTS32
05-09-06, 09:43 AM
Ethanol should raise the octane - no ?

It raises octane but eats gaskets.

GOTTSPD
05-09-06, 12:15 PM
I didn't know folks used water injection on non-FI'd cars. Seems reasonable I guess, except when I had one, it was tied to how much boost the car was running. What is it tied to when its not on a boosted car? Also, I was always a little concerned about washing the cylinders down with water...

ace996
05-09-06, 07:37 PM
chef is "magnafied", so no big deal. With injection, you're not "washing" the internals with water...it's meant to be sprayed at such high pressure, that the water is quite close to vapor. Once the vapor is drawn through the manifold, intake ports, over the valves and then compressed in the cylinder...it's steam. And this happens even faster when the fluid is a mix of water/alky(meth or ethanol)...even faster if it's 100% alky. All the while making the air/fuel mix a higher octane!

There are people who run the injection on N/A motors and that allows them to run 87octane gas...I wouldn't cheap out on gas, but some do.

Also, the injection could allow someone N/A to run a higher compression ratio, without using race-fuel.
-ace