: Programmer for cts-v? Any1 have Borla/Magflow w/ headers & no cats?

JamesRocco
05-06-06, 11:11 PM
I just purchased my V 2 days ago. I ordered a K&N intake and kooks headers w/ no cats. I'm not quite sure on what programmer to get though. I heard Diablo sport is pretty popular with vetts, also jet and superchips. Does anyone know which programmer is the best for all around performance for the cts-v's, and the most hp gain?? Also, I'm not too sure about which exhaust to purchase either. I have it narrowed down to borla or magnaflow. I really like the way magnaflow sounds on V's. I haven't heard a Borla on a V yet, because its been impossible for me to find a sould file of it. Anyone have magnaflow or borla w/ headers and no cats?? How loud is it...I know it'll be pretty damn loud, but is it to the point where it's annoying and you can barely talk in the cab? Or does anyone have any experience w/ both these exhaust, and have any advice. Thanks a lot. Your advice is very much appreciated.

Silver Baron
05-07-06, 12:50 PM
Do a search on programmers on the forum but make sure you include stealthv :thumbsup:

mike041357
05-07-06, 01:14 PM
My money is going to Rick at StealthV. Read all you can, and you'll see Rick has nothing but rave reviews. I seen too many people spend money elsewhere and end up going to Rick. And read his posts, he's forgotten more than I'll ever know about my car.

Rick, if you're readin....I'm coming to MN in mid-July with PCM in hand!

Good luck and congrats on the V!

old&newcadman
05-08-06, 12:22 PM
I have the long tube headers, no cats and the Borla exhaust. Its been tuned with the Diablo. I have also changed the flywheel to a lighter one and the clutch. It made 370 HP at the wheels before I got the procharger. About the noise, the set up on my exhaust is loud outside, real loud with the windows down. But with the windows up it is not bad at all. It is even better than when I just had the mufflers off at the back and ran straight pipes in place. That way the resonation inside was to loud. You will like the Borla.

BeagleBrains
05-10-06, 08:35 PM
GM Cadillac Tuner plans.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109736#

redzone
05-11-06, 01:18 PM
If your car is an 04 or 05 with the LS6 I have a diablosport programmer I'm selling for $200.00 shipped.I don't get on here very often though,e-mail me at rusty@sitire.com if interested.