: Trans Question 01 DTS

codewize
05-06-06, 09:43 PM
Ok well I have an 01 DTS with 28k on it so I guess the 5 yrs is up and I should do the coolant?

Does anyone know anything about the lower valve body issue these cars had? What are the symptoms of a valve body being bad?

I have an strangeness that I feel but I think it's more like TCC solenoid. Sometimes when driving slow like after just pulling out of a parking space when you go to stop the car will buck like a manual shift while not pushing in the clutch. It won't stall but it acts like that? I think this only occurs within a minute or two after starting the car.

Ranger
05-06-06, 11:43 PM
What you are discribing is a stuck TCC solenoid (not disengaging). There should be a DTC set.

parts68
05-07-06, 12:27 AM
thats pretty disheartning to hear of tranny probs at 28K
Maybe a fluid change will help it

codewize
05-10-06, 11:16 PM
I don't see any code regarding this. I'm going to take the car in to have this looked at while I'm still in warranty. Does everyone agree with this diagnosis?

I had also mentioned that there was talk about the lower valve body being a problem on these. Does anyone know what the symptoms of that would be?

Thanks

What you are discribing is a stuck TCC solenoid (not disenging). There should be a DTC set.

Ranger
05-10-06, 11:32 PM
I don't see any code regarding this. I'm going to take the car in to have this looked at while I'm still in warranty. Does everyone agree with this diagnosis?

I had also mentioned that there was talk about the lower valve body being a problem on these. Does anyone know what the symptoms of that would be?

Thanks
By lower valve body, I assume your are talking about the shift solenoids. The symptoms are failure to shift.

parts68
05-11-06, 08:10 AM
By lower valve body, I assume your are talking about the shift solenoids. The symptoms are failure to shift.

wasnt that mainly 93-6

codewize
05-11-06, 08:58 AM
Well I read on either the Parts America site or Autozone they have a Consumer reports style reliability chart and for 2000 and 2001 they claimed those 2 items were problematic.

I don't really know what the lower valve body does or is. I'm very mechanically inclined but I honestly have never been inside a trans none the less an electronic one.

But we do all agree that my issue sounds like the stuck TCC correct?

wasnt that mainly 93-6

Ranger
05-11-06, 05:53 PM
Sounds like it to me. Check the disengage switch on the brake pedal.

codewize
05-11-06, 09:14 PM
No I hadn't. I didn't realize that existed. I have about 1000 miles left of warranty so as soon as I return from Bermuda I'll get it to the dealer.

Thanks for all of your help

Sounds like it to me. Check the disengage switch on the brake pedal.