: Safety Recall Notice 06209

BarryNS
05-06-06, 11:08 AM
Just received a recall notice 06209 for 2005 STS.

"Your vehicle may have a condition in which a left or right rear suspension toe link assembly could separate because of a weld that was not to specification. If this were to occur, the affected rear wheel would be able to turn in or out and would affect vehicle control. If this were to happen while the vehicle is moving, it could result in a vehicle crash."

It seems that these various recall notices can be VIN specific so I think it may not affect all cars of the same model, etc.

malcolm
05-08-06, 01:23 PM
Just received a recall notice 06209 for 2005 STS.

"Your vehicle may have a condition in which a left or right rear suspension toe link assembly could separate because of a weld that was not to specification. If this were to occur, the affected rear wheel would be able to turn in or out and would affect vehicle control. If this were to happen while the vehicle is moving, it could result in a vehicle crash."

It seems that these various recall notices can be VIN specific so I think it may not affect all cars of the same model, etc.

I got one too, taking it in one day this week to see if I'm in the group in question. Nice to know after having had that sucker up over 100MPH more than once.:alchi:

don_mccarter
05-09-06, 02:00 PM
I had mine checked this afternoon, fortunately my toe link assembly
parts are OK.

malcolm
05-09-06, 03:48 PM
I had mine checked this afternoon, fortunately my toe link assembly
parts are OK.
Were you able to wait for it? The recall notice says 40 minutes for inspection. My dealer tells me he wants it at least 2 hours.

don_mccarter
05-09-06, 04:06 PM
Were you able to wait for it? The recall notice says 40 minutes for inspection. My dealer tells me he wants it at least 2 hours.
It took me about 20 minutes. They lifted the car and used a mirror
to check the serial numbers of the links.
I barely was able to finish my free coffee.