: Barrett-Jackson Auction

c5 rv
01-23-04, 11:11 PM
Speed Channel has one of my favorite events on this weekend: the Barrett-Jackson auction. Someone just bought a '69 Camaro for $112K.

Ralph
01-24-04, 02:02 AM
Any Cadillacs? I don't have Speed channel anymore unfortunately, but I remember a 1959 Caddy going for around $100,000!! Fully restored to original condition.

HotRodSaint
01-24-04, 09:49 AM
I saw that Camaro. All I can say is wow. Who would have thought it.

Its on again today from 4pm-9pm EST.

Watch it and drool.

CognLac
01-26-04, 02:46 PM
I was dissapointed about the coverage this year. Last year i watched, i think about 16 hours, this year they only televised 6 hours on SAT. next year i will pony up the 20 bucks and go myself.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-26-04, 02:50 PM
i sure hope they had enough fake GT-40s , i saw 4 on saturday , i wish they would have had a little more vareity , looks like a resto-rod is a good investment , they went for more than that ZL1 camaro a couple years back

then there was that stupid drag racing 70 mustang , was supposed to have the cammer 427 , and it didint and still sold for waaaaay to much money for a car without a cammer

Allante North *
01-26-04, 05:25 PM
I was disapointed with the auction this year. It seems that people go and buy cars like it is some sort of status symbol or something. No way could folks get those kind of prices in a local market reguardless of where you live. If I had something nice to sell, I would pay the freight and commission to BJ and let them sell it for some serious profit. No Allante's this year I notice. Last year they had two, but they didn't bring as hefty a price as I would have thought.

All in all, some very nice rides for way too much money. I wish I was rich, but I wouldn't buy a car there. Hello Ebay

catbert
01-26-04, 06:23 PM
Auction prices aside....if you ever get a chance to go, do it. It's the greatest car show on earth. Some of the rich guys bring their pneumatic nices too. :tongue2:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-27-04, 01:08 AM
mmmm trophys ......silicone injected mayhem