: Coping Address Book from Phone to STS phonebook

timtimtim
05-05-06, 03:11 PM
Hi,

I am sure some has tryed this before. Is there any way to copy the phonebook from the mobile to the STS phonebook. In CTS you can beam in contacts through an IR link. However, in STS, Bluetoth is recognized in my mobile as headset, where you can't send contacts.

Any one can help.. Thanks

BarryNS
05-05-06, 09:23 PM
It is my understanding (which may be faulty here) that Cadillac Blue-Tooth does not support the OBEX (Object Push) Protocol and therefore it would be impossible to transfer the phone book directly to the car phone program. system. Probably the reason for this was to avoid virus contamination of the Navigation system. Many cellular phone do or did not support the protocol either. Lexus recently added OBEX to their system

Cajonkev
05-08-06, 04:57 PM
No you are correct.

Object exchange is not available in the STS and both the marketing materials and manual list this in their footnotes.

jgrade
05-11-06, 08:16 AM
Correct; no OBEX, which in my case is not much of an issue since I use Verizon. In their ultimate "wisdom" cripples OBEX at the phone.:mad: However, since the car only holds 10 numbers reprogramming is not much of a chore.

ascariSTS
05-11-06, 06:40 PM
Correct; no OBEX, which in my case is not much of an issue since I use Verizon. In their ultimate "wisdom" cripples OBEX at the phone.:mad: However, since the car only holds 10 numbers reprogramming is not much of a chore.

10 ???

you mean in the phonebook... it stores 10 contacts only ??

jgrade
05-13-06, 03:04 PM
Sorry, did not mean to scare you, my head was up my ..... well lets just say I wasn't thinking.:thepan: I don't know that total numbers that can be stored, but you are limited to 20 voice tags.