: radio question

Kidhummer
05-05-06, 11:38 AM
When I go to audio settings and program my equlizer settings (bass, treble, balance) and then I turn off the car and turn it on again it goes back to custom settings and does not save my settings. In other words I have to set my audio settings every time I turn on the radio or switch from radio to CD because it goes back to no settings (bass all the way down, treble all the way down)..

Does anyone know how to set the settings and keep thm set?

SwampFox
05-05-06, 11:50 AM
If you have set your automatic seat position to your specification, that will also save some of your radio settings. Try resetting your radio as you like it and then save your seat settings immediately. You will have to do this with your parking brake on. The manual has this stuff but it is buried.

Kidhummer
05-05-06, 11:51 AM
thank you

KTSwanson
05-05-06, 12:20 PM
Equilizer/audio settings have to be set individually for each channel, whether XM, AM, FM...after setting them for each channel, before changing channels or audio source, you need to go and resave the softkey for that channel...i.e., exit the audio settings screen to the channel, then rehold down the softkey for that channel for over 3 seconds until you hear the beep-beep...now next time those settings will be saved. You'll need to do this each time you change the audio settings, for each channel...took me a while to figure it out, after losing the settings every time I changed channels. Hope this makes sense.

Kidhummer
05-05-06, 12:58 PM
that sux

CIWS
05-05-06, 01:31 PM
It's a double edged sword. It's cool because it can allow the owner to customize the setting of the audio system to each station/channel listened to as opposed to one setting for all that may need to be tweaked. It's a bit of a pain to set them all at first, but once they're set they usually don't get changed much. In my case anyway.

SwampFox
05-05-06, 03:20 PM
KT is correct. I remember now.... (just trying to get my 50 in)