: Zaino Bros polishing system work?

SwampFox
05-05-06, 11:09 AM
Any feedback on Zaino Polishing. I'v already looked at their web site and it look impressive. Any of you Guys/Gals use it?

lasstss
05-05-06, 11:25 AM
Any feedback on Zaino Polishing. I'v already looked at their web site and it look impressive. Any of you Guys/Gals use it?

Great stuff, great shine, probably the best BUT, its a pain in the a$$ to use in my opinion.

cjones
05-05-06, 11:34 AM
No doubt it's the best polish and Sal is great at answering questions if you need any tips.

SwampFox
05-05-06, 11:46 AM
Thanks Gents. I ordered a kit.

V-Smooth
05-05-06, 11:46 AM
Got the kit a couple weeks ago, having to get myself psyched to start the whole waxing/clay bar process...great stuff though from what I hear! Used the car wash cleaner and it works great, water just sheets right off. Used some Meguiars mist and shine to detail it out...looked GREAT!

There are some real Zaino junkies on here...beware of the product Swamp

nikon
05-05-06, 11:54 AM
I use zaino if I want a super shine and fairly long lasting...I saw no real improvement on my silver v using zaino so I switched back to nu-finish, but for the black guys...I can see using zaino...And ya it's a great product I recommend the Z-PC best rubbing compound/cleaner I've ever EVER used....

AmesCTS-V
05-05-06, 01:25 PM
It's like crack for car guys.

cash
05-05-06, 02:12 PM
I have it on my Z06 and CTS-V. I got the entire kit, followed the directions and love it.

SoCadillac
05-05-06, 02:33 PM
Zaino is a process based upon integral, progressive steps. If you are willing to follow the steps from beginning to end then, you will be rewarded accordingly. If not, then choose something else as the Zaino process has no leeway for shortcuts for it to be fully effective.

SwampFox
05-05-06, 02:41 PM
Great feedback Thanks! (almost got my 50)

Davidstan
05-05-06, 02:45 PM
I use zaino if I want a super shine and fairly long lasting...I saw no real improvement on my silver v using zaino so I switched back to nu-finish, but for the black guys...I can see using zaino...And ya it's a great product I recommend the Z-PC best rubbing compound/cleaner I've ever EVER used....

i'm one of the black guys and echo many on here that it is great stuff but what a process. I hope it protects like they say....i have 4 coats on right now and will probably go up to 6 coats. Amazing how with each coat it gets a wetter look to it..mirror like.

Staxxin
05-05-06, 02:57 PM
What kit is everyone buying?

Davidstan
05-05-06, 03:08 PM
What kit is everyone buying?

Mine was the z1,z2,z5 and clay bar for $65. I know, sounds overpriced but really works.

SwampFox
05-05-06, 03:41 PM
This is the one I bought. Yeah, it costs, but so did the car and gas ain't cheap either. Besides, My black Harley can use some extra TLC too. Wife will want her Pearl white Softail polished as well. Guess you know what I will be doing next weekend.....

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino

theformer
05-05-06, 05:36 PM
Black here as well and I have to say that the stuff is amazing and worth the work. I've got 4 coats on as well and the car looks great, cleans up easier and maintains its shine longer and even feels better.

rand49er
05-05-06, 08:49 PM
Thanks Gents. I ordered a kit.Sounds like you're getting ready for the Detroit V get together, huh? :highfive:

slow35th
05-05-06, 09:23 PM
i'm one of the black guys.

I'm a white guy:Poke: but my V is silver and I use Zaino. It's good stuff :yup:

GAGS-V
05-05-06, 11:13 PM
but for the black guys...

Hee-Hee, I too thought about what fun we could have with this:). White guy here with a black car, never tried the Zaino. Now I'm thinking about it though. Nothing looks better than a black car when clean and shiny.

Dennisscars
05-05-06, 11:52 PM
Nothing looks better than a black car when clean and shiny.

Yeah that's the greatest ten minutes! :histeric:

Davidstan
05-06-06, 06:43 PM
Yeah that's the greatest ten minutes! :histeric:

30 minutes in a hyper chamber thank you

skepticman
05-07-06, 11:14 AM
Has anyone here used a product like this to keep dust off after washing? It's basically a handheld dust mop. I can't tell if it's a worthless gimmick that does nothing, or if it scratches the finish, or if it's something that really works.

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/goss/2503.shtml

"So, again, from California Car Cover we have the California Car Duster. Now, with this, you can dust the car. This will get rid of any dust and dirt that's laying on the surface of the vehicle without damaging the paint."

SoCadillac
05-07-06, 11:55 AM
Has anyone here used a product like this to keep dust off after washing? It's basically a handheld dust mop. I can't tell if it's a worthless gimmick that does nothing, or if it scratches the finish, or if it's something that really works.

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/goss/2503.shtml

"So, again, from California Car Cover we have the California Car Duster. Now, with this, you can dust the car. This will get rid of any dust and dirt that's laying on the surface of the vehicle without damaging the paint."
I have tried these in the past and they have a paraffin wax on them, but I just saw this recently and I will be gving it a try: http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11236

Vendetta-V-
05-07-06, 03:21 PM
I bought the Ultimate Car Kit ($126). I used the Zaino when the car was less than a month old, but still followed all directions including the Claybar.

It was/is a pain in the ass and the stuff runs out real quick for the money.

Is it worth the price? For a black car, hell yah.