: D/FW members: interested in a get-together?

Imperator
05-05-06, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure if there's a better forum to post this, but I figure there's at least a few D/FW members who check this forum regularly. Are any of you guys interested in organizing a GTG or maybe just crashing someone else's party? The Laps for Charity event is scheduled for next Saturday (the 13th) at Texas Motor Speedway... I'm going to try to make that. Another nice idea might be at Steve's place for a free Tropi-Care detail demo... I did this last week and learned a TON about his products and technique. Steve has offered me to help organize another detail session for V owners if I can get confirmation for a small group of 5-10 cars.

TXSilverV
05-05-06, 09:27 AM
I will be there just tell me which place. What time is Laps? I get my car back from the body shop today. The V was keyed at church of all places! I just had the entire car painted.

CIWS
05-05-06, 09:40 AM
Interested, will watch the details.

Edit - I'm in Plano

Aresuu
05-05-06, 10:15 AM
I am interested.
Daughter graduates college on the 13th though, so that is out for me.
Will try to make whatever else gets planned.

James Baldwin
05-05-06, 10:16 AM
ditto. I would be interested

I will have a car at the AER Show this weekend (not the V) if anyone is going

Aresuu
05-05-06, 10:37 AM
I did have a question.
Who is Steve and where is his place?

CTS-VPaco
05-05-06, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't mind swinging through, cos the V population is thin in OK. I am going to the Grand Prix of Houston, but if you guys met up on that Sunday, I'd probably be able to attend. I'll keep my eye on the thread and see how things develop!

V Amazed
05-05-06, 01:24 PM
I'm all for it, but wont be back to D-town until Friday the 19th. Steve is the guy that owns tropi-care detailng products. Used to be the area Zaino distributer. Cool guy.

Where abouts in dallas are all you guys from? I'm from the plano area, but see only a handful of Vs in the city, although im in Kansas for school...

Back when I was in highschool, there would be LS1.com get togethers almost every night! Haven't done that in quite a while.

PS: Paco - please come down. I'm dying to see your V in real life.

Ben

DILLIGAF
05-05-06, 01:32 PM
I'm up for a get together,I will wait till Parkers car is on the road.Wheres gordy on this one?

04CTSVforMe
05-05-06, 02:20 PM
I am always interested to, so post up what is available as far as times & dates. I forgot about the Laps for Charity...I think the Solstice club is going to that.

We need to do the Panoz school "our track, your car day"! More open, less controlled. Was $95 for the road course last year. I'll see if I can find a new schedule. :highfive:

Imperator
05-05-06, 02:38 PM
Where abouts in dallas are all you guys from? I'm from the plano area, but see only a handful of Vs in the city, although im in Kansas for school...

Back when I was in highschool, there would be LS1.com get togethers almost every night! Haven't done that in quite a while.

Ben,

Cool, now I think I know who you are... before I got my V, I saw you one Friday night getting gas at the Racetrac on Plano Pkwy near the strip of dealerships... we were both talking about the old guy in the '06 red Z06.

When are you back for good? I agree, I used to hit up the LS1.com meets all the time, and especially enjoyed the Sunday afternoon meets at the Hooters in Grapevine.

SilverV
05-05-06, 03:47 PM
I'm up for a get together,I will wait till Parkers car is on the road.

I dont really feel like waiting till next year for gtg, but if we can organize something in the next couple months count me in...:)

Gordy Petrovski
05-05-06, 05:29 PM
I'm up for a get together,I will wait till Parkers car is on the road.Wheres gordy on this one?

Hello :alchi: I am in for what ever. P.S. LG is haveing a get together at his shop for dyno & car show. I think the car show is hosted by the Exteme Corvette Club ( 5-13-06 starts at 10am )just a sug,but I am up for what ever works for every one.

DILLIGAF
05-05-06, 05:54 PM
It will be a month or so before I can get down there.Hay gordy,davin.Has anyone checked out Parkers car,man I figured that thing would be on the road by now.I want to get down there to dyno the car at 21st,i've added headers and other stuff,curios to see the gains.Theres a bunch of you V guys down there now,we need a big get together.

Gordy Petrovski
05-06-06, 12:05 AM
It will be a month or so before I can get down there.Hay gordy,davin.Has anyone checked out Parkers car,man I figured that thing would be on the road by now.I want to get down there to dyno the car at 21st,i've added headers and other stuff,curios to see the gains.Theres a bunch of you V guys down there now,we need a big get together.

I am doing a Drivers Edge thing at Motor Sport Ranch on July 15-16 U should try and make it. Would love to see another V @ the track. Look us up anytime U are in the BIG D area.

V Amazed
05-06-06, 03:34 AM
Ben,

Cool, now I think I know who you are... before I got my V, I saw you one Friday night getting gas at the Racetrac on Plano Pkwy near the strip of dealerships... we were both talking about the old guy in the '06 red Z06.

When are you back for good? I agree, I used to hit up the LS1.com meets all the time, and especially enjoyed the Sunday afternoon meets at the Hooters in Grapevine.

Hey man, its nice to see you ended up in a V after all! I should be back in town for the summer May 19th and will be back till late august. Apparently that guy with that red C6 Z06 lives right off mapleshade and preston. I hear he's crazy as shit. I'm looking forward to seeing your V!

As a side note, I remember an LS1.com get together at the ballpark at Arlington the last day of the Hotrod Power Tour. That could be a fun time to all meet up, but I don't have the damndest clue when it is. Last time I was there it was a blast. There were hundreds upon hundreds of cars. We all met up and caravaned up to the ballpark.

Ben

CIWS
05-06-06, 08:53 AM
We're just going to have to pick a date and set it. The farther in advance is usually better for planning purposes, but there is always something going on for someone where they won't be able to make it.

There's also the option of holding some other "informal" ones like some Sat or Sun at a Hooters (or someplace). Again not everyone will make it but some can to see some faces and shake some hands.

TXSilverV
05-06-06, 10:55 AM
Lets do this thing! Set a date! I will make time to meet up with you guys. Gordy it would be fun for all of us to do some laps. I would like to see your Maggie and my N/A. What was your last dyno? I'm at 498RWHP/500 RWTQ with a small 80 hp shot of nitrous. I may have to dial it up to 150 shot to keep up with you and Randy.

Gordy Petrovski
05-06-06, 02:25 PM
Lets do this thing! Set a date! I will make time to meet up with you guys. Gordy it would be fun for all of us to do some laps. I would like to see your Maggie and my N/A. What was your last dyno? I'm at 498RWHP/500 RWTQ with a small 80 hp shot of nitrous. I may have to dial it up to 150 shot to keep up with you and Randy.

Man those are some great #'s:thumbsup:,my last dyno was only 430 rwhp with the out side temp @ 99 deg. Like I said I am already signed up for Drivers Edge event July15-16 @ MSR would love to see ya there. I plan on going to LG's thing on the 13'th of this month,maybe we can meet up some where and go there together,let me know(gordypetrovski@sbcglobal.net)

CIWS
05-08-06, 08:19 AM
If ya'll do decide to have some kind of get together for the D/FW folks I would appreciate someone sending me an e-mail (realciws @ gmail . com ) and letting me know the details. I'm not going to be reading these threads here very often anymore.

Thanks.

TXSilverV
05-10-06, 09:33 AM
This always happens! We talk about it and then nothing happens. Come on DFW guys let's do this thing. Someone name a day, place, and time.

DILLIGAF
05-10-06, 07:15 PM
Septembers good for me.Ya,I know

Gordy Petrovski
05-10-06, 09:55 PM
This always happens! We talk about it and then nothing happens. Come on DFW guys let's do this thing. Someone name a day, place, and time.

OK, This Sat. IHOP in Frisco on the NE corner of 121 & Preson at 8:30am get some breakfest and hed over to LG's for the CAR SHOW & DYNO DAY,how's that? :nyanya:

V Amazed
05-10-06, 11:44 PM
OK, This Sat. IHOP in Frisco on the NE corner of 121 & Preson at 8:30am get some breakfest and hed over to LG's for the CAR SHOW & DYNO DAY,how's that? :nyanya:

What show is at Lou's place?

Ben

TXSilverV
05-11-06, 09:26 AM
I'm in! I can't stay all day but will be there for a few hours.

Imperator
05-11-06, 04:31 PM

That's right around the corner from me, but I would think LG is a pretty long haul from there and I have a few things to take care of on Saturday. Laps for Charity is at TMS this Saturday; I would like to roll in sometime late in the afternoon to make a couple passes and then head back east. If anyone would like to join me, maybe we could stop at the Grapevine Hooters on the way back. :cheers:

2003RC51
05-11-06, 04:41 PM
I would meet you up there but my TSB bushings have reached an all time high of annoingness. I would hate to pull up squeaking and creaking at a car show. I also have 2 bb dents where some punk thought it would be funny to shoot my car. Once my specter's get here and I have time to get it to the body shop I would be glad to be seen in public. Feels like Im driving around a damn beater.

Gordy Petrovski
05-11-06, 09:18 PM
That's right around the corner from me, but I would think LG is a pretty long haul from there and I have a few things to take care of on Saturday. Laps for Charity is at TMS this Saturday; I would like to roll in sometime late in the afternoon to make a couple passes and then head back east. If anyone would like to join me, maybe we could stop at the Grapevine Hooters on the way back. :cheers:

LG's shop is 35min from 121 & Preston. Maybe we could do the charity laps & then head over to the show after? I would be up for that. I will be comeing from Mckinney if any body is int. in meeting up.

V Amazed
05-12-06, 02:52 AM
mother ****ers...I hate you all. Wont be back to dallas till 19th of may :(
Perhaps we can have an informal get together as well...? :)

Ben

CIWS
05-12-06, 02:58 PM
I might be interested in meeting for breakfast Sat. morning, but the charity laps thing I'll probably pass on.

"Take three laps on the super speedway behind a pace vehicle for just $25. Laps will be conducted from 5-10 p.m. on Saturday, May 13."

I really don't care to get on a track and do 25mph behind a pace vehicle and it's not even starting on that side of town until 5pm.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/pressroom.aspx?p=ReadNewsRelease&ID=930

Aresuu
05-12-06, 03:47 PM
These charity laps are more of a get together and show off deal than anything. Have never been, but heard there are all types of rides show up in the past for photo opp on the speedway.
It's for charity...
and it is on the good side of town!

In any case, I couldn't get my daughter to reschedule her graduation so I can't make anything on Saturday.
Maybe next time.
Y'all have fun.

CIWS
05-12-06, 05:06 PM
I'm all for supporting charities, and do donate quite frequently to various ones. But I'll spend more in gas driving there and back than would go to the charity itself. So I would just as soon send the cash directly to them and save on the fuel costs to do 25mph around a race track. From where I live that's easily 110-120 miles round trip. :)

Gordy Petrovski
05-12-06, 10:17 PM
I did'nt realize that it was that late in the afternoon(charity drive),it looks like I am heading to LG's after all. D U in ???

CIWS
05-13-06, 06:22 AM
I'll run up to IHOP at 8:30ish if we want to start there and have breakfast and then decide what or where after that. LG's I'm assuming is the guys out in Wylie which isn't really a far distance at all and that would be cool with me.

TXSilverV
05-13-06, 08:54 AM
Gordy! Got called into work! I may go to the Laps later in the day. Anyone else going?

CIWS
05-13-06, 10:20 AM
Went to the IHOP and no one there.

Gordy Petrovski
05-14-06, 11:31 AM
Went to the IHOP and no one there.

I checked the thread on Fri night & saw that no one replied so went to LG's from home, sorry I missed U. It realy would have been nice to see more V's there. We DFW V's owner's are pritty bad when it comes to get togethers just my .02 :alchi:

DILLIGAF
05-14-06, 11:44 AM
I checked the thread on Fri night & saw that no one replied so went to LG's from home, sorry I missed U. It realy would have been nice to see more V's there. We DFW V's owner's are pritty bad when it comes to get togethers just my .02 :alchi:The get together failed because I wasn't coming.:thepan:

V Amazed
05-14-06, 01:03 PM
I checked the thread on Fri night & saw that no one replied so went to LG's from home, sorry I missed U. It realy would have been nice to see more V's there. We DFW V's owner's are pritty bad when it comes to get togethers just my .02 :alchi:

When I'm back in a week, you can count on me for get togethers!

Ben