Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Introducing Katech's new design billet belt tensioner. Now with pulley, same price!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Vendetta-V- 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm happy to announce that our new ultra-lightweight design belt tensioner is now available.

Features include:
Ultra-lite, more attractive design
Billet aluminum
High-sidewall pulley is now included
Zinc dichromate plated bolts to resist corrosion
Fully assembled and torqued, ready to install
Works on all Gen 3/Gen 4 engines
Anodized in black, blue and red

Corvette, CTS-V

Black KAT-A4424-BLK $135
Limited Edition Blue KAT-A4424-BLU $145
Limited Edition Red KAT-A4424-RED $145

Camaro/Firebird, GTO

Black KAT-A4425-BLK $135
Limited Edition Blue KAT-A4425-BLU $145
Limited Edition Red KAT-A4425-RED $145

Trucks NEW!

Black KAT-A44256-BLK $135
Limited Edition Blue KAT-A4426-BLU $145
Limited Edition Red KAT-A4426-RED $145

Samples of the Limited Edition

These colors are available in limited quantities.

To order call 866-KATECH1

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Introducing Katech's new design billet belt tensioner. Now with pulley, same price!

I assume that this item is for asthetic purposes only? Is the tension it provides the same as OEM specs?

The anodized colored ones might be cool, but what would the use of a black version be...wouldn't be noticed.

#3 ·
Vendetta-V- said:
I assume that this item is for asthetic purposes only? Is the tension it provides the same as OEM specs?

The anodized colored ones might be cool, but what would the use of a black version be...wouldn't be noticed.
Some people have problems throwing belts off with the springloaded tensioner. This was designed to cure that problem. When 25 lb-ft of torque is applied it provides consistant tension to OEM specs.

#4 ·
Re: Introducing Katech's new design billet belt tensioner. Now with pulley, same price!

just about EVERY car we have making 450 rwhp and more has one of these... anything with a good power curve or nitrous should have one because the crank will actually spin up fast enough and load the stock tensioner up and soon as you let off it zings the belt right off!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.