: another quick tire question

Zeppelin
05-04-06, 04:50 PM
I know you can put 275s on the back, but what about the front? Can you go 275s all around, if the V isn't lowered?

Also, what does anyone think about the Goodyear F1 GS-D3s?

And, is anyone working on a differently shaped trailing arm so we can go even wider in the back?

Thanks ;)

Florian
05-04-06, 05:10 PM
275s up front is a no-no. 255s is about all you can cram in there w/o rubbing on turns.

F

blown black caddy
05-04-06, 05:24 PM
Also to add your steering responsiveness will be slow and sloppy. The widest tire is always not the best route. :bigroll:

Zeppelin
05-04-06, 05:31 PM
Thanks. The car is at Goodyear right now seeing if they will warrant my 2nd set of runcraps. 4 months old and 8,000 miles and they are down to the wear bars. :( Never again. Anyways, if they warrant them, or even pro-rate them, I was looking at the tires listed above as replacements. They look on the goodyear chart to be comparable to the Supercar tires, and also have a 2 steps higher ride comfort rating. Another big plus over the runcraps.

Zeppelin
05-04-06, 05:35 PM
Also to add your steering responsiveness will be slow and sloppy. The widest tire is always not the best route. :bigroll:

I hear that on here now and then. My question would be why do the vettes, vipers, lambos, ferraris, acura NSX, some of the benz, and even most race cars have the tires setup with wide on the front and even wider on the back? It can't be so they intentionally steer/handle worse.

50 4Ever
05-04-06, 06:44 PM
I hear that on here now and then. My question would be why do the vettes, vipers, lambos, ferraris, acura NSX, some of the benz, and even most race cars have the tires setup with wide on the front and even wider on the back? It can't be so they intentionally steer/handle worse.

I have a Corvette I run on the road track with 265/40-17 fronts and 295/35-18 rears and it handles superbly on the track and the steering responsiveness is superior to that of the V on the same track. The cars listed above have light wheels to offset the weight of the larger tires. What you do not want to do is to be adding unsprung weight.

Zeppelin
05-05-06, 05:08 PM
One last thing. Can the 275s go on stock rear rims?

Thanks guys.