: www.gmpartsdirect.com.... Never again!!

austin
05-04-06, 04:23 PM
I always get my parts a my local dealer, for a slight percentage over cost. This time, i figured i would try gmpartsdirect and save a few more bucks and get the sts-v clear fogs. That was two weeks ago. My order is still sitting in processing, i emailed them, and they have not even emailed me back. A hard lesson learned. My local dealer said he could of had them in four days. :mad:

DansCTSV
05-04-06, 04:46 PM
I had a similar experience when ordering the vette endlinks for the Hotchkis sway bars. A local dealer had them in stock but GMPartsDirect was almost 50% cheaper. Took about 2 weeks before they shipped though. The good news is they arrived yesterday!

rand49er
05-04-06, 05:12 PM
Yup, same here. I ordered an extra PCM and couldn't get squat regarding info on when it would ship. It finally came. :alchi:

CIWS
05-04-06, 05:29 PM
If you need it right away go to the dealership and pay the premium to get it (usually) in short order. If you're in no rush GMpartsdirect will save you some cash. I bought 4 TPS through them for about 1/2 the price via the dealership and it took about 3 weeks to arrive, but I also saved about 120.00. However my spare tire accessories (jack, tool, insert,etc) I got thru the dealership because I wanted them pretty quick. :)

Lindsay Cadillac
05-04-06, 05:33 PM
That's why it pays to have a good relationship with a good dealer... :D

If you need a GM part 99.9% of the time we are as good as gmpartsdirect once you add in their inflated shipping charges... Plus we'll keep you informed of the status and we can tell you almost as soon as you order it how long it's going to take to get...

slk230mb
05-04-06, 11:59 PM
That's why it pays to have a good relationship with a good dealer... :D

If you need a GM part 99.9% of the time we are as good as gmpartsdirect once you add in their inflated shipping charges... Plus we'll keep you informed of the status and we can tell you almost as soon as you order it how long it's going to take to get...

Plus James can bail you out with parts when your in a bind...

Dennisscars
05-05-06, 12:09 AM
We all know that's it's just a dealer who was smart enough to get that web address ... right? :yup:

slk230mb
05-05-06, 12:12 AM
We all know that's it's just a dealer who was smart enough to get that web address ... right? :yup:

Flow Chevrolet

ctsvett
05-05-06, 01:47 AM
plus, you can just tell james what part you want and he can look up the correct part for YOUR car by the VIN and you dont have to hunt down part numbers or guess (and possibly get the wrong thing)...

I send all my business to James. There is something to be said for someone who owns the car, knows as much as he does about it, and give good prices... Plus you can get aftermarket (UUC, brake pads, etc) from him...

Reed

VELOSE
05-05-06, 03:41 AM
I'm taking RGD's advice. I'm going to buy my service writer a bottle of Patron. Keep them happy and they'll make you happy. ;)

lawfive
05-05-06, 05:04 AM
Last Christmas it was Jack Daniels for my service writer and my two main techs. They deserved it!

VELOSE
05-05-06, 01:32 PM
Right now Costco has a 3 pack of Patron silver, gold, and I forget the last one. I'm going to get 3 of those for my crew at the dealership too. It is Cinco de Mayo.:alchi:

KILR CAD
05-05-06, 05:15 PM
Right now Costco has a 3 pack of Patron silver, gold, and I forget the last one. I'm going to get 3 of those for my crew at the dealership too. It is Cinco de Mayo.:alchi:
That would be "Platinum" the fast color :alchi: Stay with the Silver Patron!

CVP33
05-05-06, 07:30 PM
I've placed 29 orders for literally $1,000 of dollars. To date I've only had one issue and it was last month. My order came and I was 5 pieces short. I placed my claim with DHL (their preferred shipper) and within 6 days I had the missing parts. :thumbsup:

Now are they the cheapest. Absolutely not. After excessive s/h charges your local dealer can usually do better. The best service I EVER received was from Lindsay. Less the GMpartsDirect and great guys! :)