: Drive on Falkan Azenis to the track?

VelodromeRacer
05-04-06, 09:35 AM
Has anyone had much experience with driving on these tires outside of the track or road course? I have my Falkan Azenis tires mounted on my 2nd set of rims and in a few weeks I am heading to Autobahn country club for a track day with the Lotus club gang. It would be alot easier to change out the tires/rims here and drive the 3 hours to the track, but I didn't want to hit the highway on them if it was going to be too much wear or waste on them as I really bought them just for track days.

Any thoughts?

(I may not have the room in the car to take them and change them at the track is why I am asking) (Falken AZENIS RT-615 255/40R18)

nikon
05-04-06, 09:42 AM
some people are using those as there daily tires....so, ya Im sure you'll be fine.

DILLIGAF
05-04-06, 06:00 PM
My street tires are the falkins,don't worry about it,there good tires and will take alot of abuse.If you want to take tires to the track,take your back seat out.Takes 15 minutes and you'll loose 100lbs,if somebody weighs their seat and its not exactly 100 lbs,keep it to yourself.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/rearseatsounddead/index.html
Hers some instructions on getting the seat out

Barak
05-04-06, 07:15 PM
The RT-615's have been my daily driver tires for over 5K miles. I love 'em!

nikon
05-04-06, 08:23 PM
The RT-615's have been my daily driver tires for over 5K miles. I love 'em!

how worn are they? how much more do you expect to get out of them?...I'm curious, because those are what I want next.

Barak
05-05-06, 02:09 PM
I estimate that I will get about 8K before they hit the wear bars. So about the same as the stock F1's for me.

rgd
05-05-06, 03:16 PM
Agreed, I know I will get more miles than to 6k from the first set and probably as much or more than I got from the GSD3's second set of tires.

Now, if it were me I would daily drive Azinas and pick up some road-track slicks for track days.

Azinas ride nice rain or shine!

Gordy Petrovski
05-05-06, 05:44 PM
My street tires are the falkins,don't worry about it,there good tires and will take alot of abuse.If you want to take tires to the track,take your back seat out.Takes 15 minutes and you'll loose 100lbs,if somebody weighs their seat and its not exactly 100 lbs,keep it to yourself.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/rearseatsounddead/index.html
Hers some instructions on getting the seat out

Man I would have never thought of that,THANKS :thumbsup: for the Info. on the back seats.