: Picture of jig for working on the V

heavymetals
05-04-06, 12:23 AM
Lew from the CTS forum let me borrow his jig for lifting the cradle.

Works great!:thumbsup:

Fits better then the parts I am trying to install :thepan:

rand49er
05-04-06, 07:19 AM
Whoa, that's a great idea! I couldn't used that the other day when I did my Hotchkis!

BTW, I've been noticing your new avatar for a while now, and was wondering about other decor in the heavy household. :)

DILLIGAF
05-04-06, 04:48 PM
Could you drop the whole cradle with that thing?I need to make a lig like that just to lift the back of the car by myself.It takes me an hour to get my car on jackstands.Not enough lifting points!I back my car on to ramps,then start lifting on the 4 corners.Makes me feel like a retard.

heavymetals
05-04-06, 05:48 PM
Yes, you could drop the cradle, but let me tell you, removing the cradle involves more then just removing four bolts.:eek:

I will see if I can get Lew to give up a set of prints for it.

It is a piece of extruded aluminum.

It works GREAT at jacking up the whole rear of the car at once, and as you can see it doesn't touch the diff.:worship:

2004ctsv
05-04-06, 07:01 PM
It looks like you could make the jig with a couple pieces of unistrut.

T

DILLIGAF
05-04-06, 07:58 PM
Heavy,I'm paying big bucks for someone to come to your house and tar and feather you.Why,I asked you for thermostat removal tips,you said not that big of mess.Oh my god-the mess!I should have bought a wading pool from wallmart.I just got done hoseing out the garage.You said as long as your quick,this goober took 45 minutes just to swap the thermo and 2hrs on the mess.When I ask you for advise please remember your talking to a retard.But thanks anyway,again Randy

heavymetals
05-04-06, 11:40 PM
I bet you didn't relieve the pressure on the system first. :eek:

Did I forget to mention that? :rolleyes:

my bad?

heavymetals
05-05-06, 01:55 AM
It is a very simple design that works.

I am asking my buddy the machinest to quote on doing the cutting and drilling for a few.

Anyone interested?

calicadi
05-06-06, 01:06 AM
Lew from the CTS forum let me borrow his jig for lifting the cradle.

Works great!:thumbsup:

Fits better then the parts I am trying to install :thepan:

What's the model number of that jack? I likey!

I can read the label in the pic (1.5 ton aluminium racing jack) but at the Torin site they show about three that look like it or are described the same.:confused:
Thanks, Cali

heavymetals
05-06-06, 01:28 AM
Here is a link to where I got it:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200313353_200313353

calicadi
05-06-06, 06:07 PM
Here is a link to where I got it:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200313353_200313353

Excellent! What I thought... the double pumper. I think this link has more data than the Torin site. Thanks much!