: What does it all mean?

codewize
05-03-06, 10:26 PM
Ok all pros. I have some questions. I got in my 01 DTS this afternoon and the DIC said "Speed limited to 90" so I looked that up and apparently that means there is a problem with the RSS system.

I then pulled the codes and here's what I saw.

IRC U1000
IRC U1016
IRC U1301
PCM U1056
ABS U1056
IPC U1016

The codes had been cleared a few weeks ago while I was learning about the system so these are all new.

What does this all mean. The error has not come back, it only happened that one time.

Thanks

Trench
05-03-06, 10:28 PM
This should direct you in the proper place.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/53635-got-codes-look-here.html

In fact, It's the stickied post right above yours.

If the codes have no came back, it "may" have just been a fluke. When you pulled the codes, did they say HISTORY next to them?

codewize
05-04-06, 06:48 AM
I looked at that thread already and they're all communication errors. They did not say 'History' but I think they were historical codes. I'm wondering why every system in the car would have a network communications error.

This should direct you in the proper place.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/53635-got-codes-look-here.html

In fact, It's the stickied post right above yours.

If the codes have no came back, it "may" have just been a fluke. When you pulled the codes, did they say HISTORY next to them?

Trench
05-04-06, 04:05 PM
Has the battery ever been pulled or fully drained? That can cause a whole slew of codes to be thrown.

I occational get a communication error for no appearent reason. Never throws a MIL or anything. I just catched it when I pull the Codes ever now and then.

codewize
05-04-06, 10:10 PM
Battery has not been drained or pulled since I've had the car. I'll blame it on water and write it off as a fluke. Until next time...

Thanks

Has the battery ever been pulled or fully drained? That can cause a whole slew of codes to be thrown.

I occational get a communication error for no appearent reason. Never throws a MIL or anything. I just catched it when I pull the Codes ever now and then.