: Cien Vs Ford Gt

annie
05-03-06, 09:28 PM
I know GM has the ZO6 to fight the GT but when ford brings out the shelby GT500 and market it at the ZO6 it will kind of distract people from the fact that the ZO6 is better than that. I know in most peoples minds they think of the ZO6 as a super fast great priced sports car and the FORD GT as an under priced exotic. I think this gives GM a perfict example that a halo car priced under $200000 can work. With the GT fetching $150000 with a atractive body and a truck engine a Cien with a rear mounted 700bhp V12 , cadillac upscale options and exotic looks should easily be able to demand around $200000 in small volumes.

here is a video that shows what a ford gt with just a pully can do:

Video - Joe's Ford GT (http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ford+gt/0/F664F312-5D59-4A67-897E-9511BFD719DB.htm):burn:

Devil_concours
05-04-06, 12:18 AM
cien had 750hp at its debut. With the upcomming blue devil (it's got green light for production according to autoweek http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060502/FREE/60501021/1024/TOC01ARCHIVE ) i'm not too sure if gm has a market especially with the cadillac brand. They should just go out and create an exotic brand and sell bluedevil, cien, and sixteen.

Blackout
05-04-06, 05:45 AM
I know GM has the ZO6 to fight the GT but when ford brings out the shelby GT500 and market it at the ZO6 it will kind of distract people from the fact that the ZO6 is better than that. I know in most peoples minds they think of the ZO6 as a super fast great priced sports car and the FORD GT as an under priced exotic. I think this gives GM a perfict example that a halo car priced under $200000 can work. With the GT fetching $150000 with a atractive body and a truck engine a Cien with a rear mounted 700bhp V12 , cadillac upscale options and exotic looks should easily be able to demand around $200000 in small volumes.

here is a video that shows what a ford gt with just a pully can do:

Video - Joe's Ford GT (http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ford+gt/0/F664F312-5D59-4A67-897E-9511BFD719DB.htm):burn:The Z06 was not made to fight the GT. They are in two totally different leagues. The only thing they have in common is performance and thats about it. The GT500was made for one purpose and one purpose only and thats to go fast. It's too much of a pig to be a decent auto crosser (but we could be surprised what a diet for that car could do) and with it being $20k less then a Z06 the bang for the buck factor is probably the best for any car ever made IMO. The Cien will never see production. It was a concept and that was about it. It has as much of a chance at production as the Ford GT90 had. With the financial trouble GM is having at the moment they would have to be retarded to spend so much money to develop a new V12 and a totally new car to such a small niche market that it would cost them more money to make the car then it would ever net them in profits. Let the Corvette have fun being fast and all and let GM worry about actually selling some cars.